Removing Facebook contacts from Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Removing Facebook contacts from Skype

I want to remove my Facebook contacts from Skype. I have probably a dozen Skype contacts but since I connected to Facebook it says I have about 900 and it's really annoying me because nothing I've found helps me resolve this issue. I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated someone please help me!!

Accepted Solution

by jake297
To remove a Contact, right-click on the contact you wish to remove. Then, at the bottom of the right-click menu, click "remove from contacts". Like this Post? Add Kudos!
View solution in original post
edelweiss28
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 133 (46,452 Views)

Re: Removing Facebook contacts from Skype

To remove a Contact, right-click on the contact you wish to remove. Then, at the bottom of the right-click menu, click "remove from contacts". Like this Post? Add Kudos!
jake297
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 133 (46,233 Views)

edelweiss28 wrote:

I want to remove my Facebook contacts from Skype. I have probably a dozen Skype contacts but since I connected to Facebook it says I have about 900 and it's really annoying me because nothing I've found helps me resolve this issue. I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated someone please help me!!

Hi!  please visit the link below for suggestions/instructions on how to disable or turn off Facebook Updates and/or Facebook Chat, or to install a version with No Facebook integration.

How to Turn Off Facebook Updates and Facebook Chat

:happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 253
Message 3 of 133 (46,221 Views)

I have a number of contacts that have "appeared" (even a Group of names) and when I click on them there is no "remove contact" option in the menu....  How do I remove them?

nevillehutchins
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 133 (46,207 Views)

with regard to facebook contacts, the remove option is not available.  that option will only show for regular Skype contacts.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Message 5 of 133 (46,204 Views)

It doesn't work1
Gallibus
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 133 (46,197 Views)

Gallibus wrote:
It doesn't work1

which one?

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Message 7 of 133 (46,171 Views)

There is no "remove Contacts" option at the bottom when i right click on the contact. So how do we remove a contact from the contacts list?

hondo5001
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 133 (45,888 Views)

I have the same question. I can do the right click and remove with my "normal" Skype contacts, but not with the ones from Facebook. I already disconnected Facebook from my Skype account, and I deleted the Skype app from my Facebook. I deleted Skype, and re-installed it, but nothing worked. I really want these contacts away from my Skype account, can someone please help?

Louise

LouiseNissen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 9 of 133 (45,398 Views)

LouiseNissen wrote:

I have the same question. I can do the right click and remove with my "normal" Skype contacts, but not with the ones from Facebook. I already disconnected Facebook from my Skype account, and I deleted the Skype app from my Facebook. I deleted Skype, and re-installed it, but nothing worked. I really want these contacts away from my Skype account, can someone please help?

Louise

Have you tried with Contacts -> Hide Facebook Firends?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7282
Message 10 of 133 (45,388 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling