Re: Removing Facebook contacts from Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The only "highlighted" subjects under "Contacts" is Add New Contact and Blocked Contacts.

There's no "Hide Facebook Contacts".

LouiseNissen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 11 of 146 (10,347 Views)

I figured it out! If anyone has the same problem, I have a MacBook Pro, and the way I did it, was to go to Finder --> Username --> Library --> Application Support and then delete the folder "Skype". Empty your trashcan, and then start Skype again.
LouiseNissen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 12 of 146 (10,343 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you LouiseNissen! The way to do this on windows is click on Start --> run --> type %appdata% --> and delete the folder called Skype. Then run skype again and the contacts will be gone. Make sure you close Skype before doing this.

Cropmy5
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 13 of 146 (10,274 Views)

Well, I can see that there is no solution for this problem at the moment. I've tried to check each and every settings on skype in order to solve this matter too but unfortunately with no avail. 

So, the problem is actually not in Skype. The problem is in your Facebook account itself. Just go to Facebook, the arrow down beside the Home button on the top right hand corner of the page, click on it and then click on account settings. Then, on the left hand side of the page, there will be a button for Apps. In Apps, just delete skype from your Facebook and kudos, your Facebook contacts in Skype will dissapear. 

Took me long enought to figure that out. Well, just sharing in case someone out there is having the same problem with me and of course you. =) Hope it works for you!!

szecun
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 14 of 146 (10,241 Views)

Finally a way to remove Facebook contacts from Skype on a Mac. I had already disconnected the application from Facebook using the 'cog' in the Skype home menu, and I'd also deleted the Skype app from my Facebook account, but I still couldn't get rid of my Facebook contacts in there, and there was no option to remove them. Deleting the folder did the trick. Thanks so much!

redrobotmedia
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 15 of 146 (10,219 Views)

Ha, as soon as I sent a message on Facebook all the conacts reappeared in Skype. I think I'll just uninstall it until Skype give us a way to remove the link.

redrobotmedia
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 146 (10,208 Views)

Hi, do you know where that folder is located in MacOS X Lion? Because I just cant find that Skype folder anywhere on my hard drive, even though I did find the application support folder. I uninstalled Skype before I found this post, so it might have removed itself along the way, but after the reinstall the facebook contacts were still there, but no folder -.-

madrid4life
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 17 of 146 (10,184 Views)

Never mind, found out myself^^

For all of you who have the facebook contacts problem on Skype on Mac OS X Lion, the solution is how [invalid URL] described, however the Skype folder is hidden with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. In order to delete it, follow these steps:

- Open the Terminal (a system program for those who don't know)

- type the following command:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

- press return/enter

- type in the following command:

killall Finder

- press return/enter.

The Skype folder is now visible in the directory. Delete it as instructed in the post above.

To hide all the system files again, follow the instructions above, but instead of TRUE type FALSE.

Hope this will help the next "victim" :happy:

madrid4life
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 18 of 146 (10,178 Views)

hi madrid4life,

could u tell me the exact command(s) pls! I tried and it wouldnt work :sad:

I tried all variations of what you wrote and I am just getting "command not found"

thx
billabong74
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 19 of 146 (10,126 Views)

(same post again...forgot to check "email me when someone replies!)

hi madrid4life,

could u tell me the exact command(s) pls! I tried and it wouldnt work :sad:

I tried all variations of what you wrote and I am just getting "command not found"

thx

billabong74
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 20 of 146 (10,123 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling