Remove annoying Skype HOME !!!!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove annoying Skype HOME !!!!!

I need to REMOVE immediately this annoying Skype Home window.

How to do this?

It's very convenient for Skype not to able to contact them directly to ask them about this, they removed all contacting info from website - so you simply can't bother them for services they sell.

t206
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 25 (15,076 Views)

Same problem here

I have the same problem. I read in an older forum that the window is related to 3rd party advertising so they made it un-removable. But the thing is... I pay for skype services. I should be exempt from these popups and advertising. And more to the point, advertising on the call window would be MUCH more affective rather than a popup when you start skype.

I start skype when I start my computer so EVERY time I start my computer I get the popup of several windows and its killing me. Skype should start minimized in teh system tray like I specified a couple years ago. I am really starting to dislike skype because its no longer a convenient "only-what-I-need" service. Its killing me.

feralshad0w
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 25 (14,951 Views)

Re: Same problem here

you can see some suggestions, workarounds, and the bloody discussion regarding the same issue here;

Disabling Skype Home Autostart

moreover, a request was also already passed in the developers' page.  you can check the progress and enter your own comments here;

Skype 5.5 should have an option to disable the Home screen popup in Compact view

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 3 of 25 (14,928 Views)

Re: Same problem here: Remove Skype Home

I am using the brand new Skype 5.3.0.120 for 7. The Skype window, as well as the (useless to me) Skyp Home Window both open at start-up. 

At each Start-up, Skype and Skype home appear on my desktop. Each time I start my Computer, I have to close two windows! If all my programs were doing the same, I would spend 30 seconds clicking  every homepage away before being able to start working!!

My request is simple: a Skype that opens in hidden mode (tag in toolbar), and without any Skype Home pop-up, as it did before

For the time being, I have removed Skype from my Start-Up. I will reactivate it when the problem is solved. 

If I wanted my Computer to dictate how I should work, I would already be running Apple stuff, less prone to bugging.

vorodino
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 25 (14,800 Views)

Re: Same problem here: Remove Skype Home

Uninstalled here too.  I have other chat/IP phones that don't annoy me.

gipsymagpie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 25 (14,750 Views)

Re: Remove annoying Skype HOME !!!!!

I tried the hack from Andrew Worcester, that exactly what I was going to do myself!  Works like a charm.

blog.amwmedia. com/post/8428110053/kill-skype-home-get-rid-of-that-annoying-skype-home

alexbk66
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 25 (14,623 Views)

Hi Please remove the SKYPE HOME page and SKYPE MAIN window at startup. Really annoying!

I haven't tried this yet, but it might work! Use Google and search for: "kill skype home get rid of that annoying skype home" since I'm not allowed to post links!

KiAnKo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 25 (14,568 Views)

Guys this is an old issue they wont allow me to post the link to the other topic but google "How to get rid of Skype Home page in beta "it has been unresolved for about a year. Maybe it is time to try something else. Skype got infected by the the "we don't give a **bleep** about customers"virus Try "vbuzzer" its not as developed as skype yet but it has most features and cheaper rates. well it's an alternative don't have to use it :tongue:
Shezed
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 25 (14,037 Views)

A solution (for version 5.3) how to get rid of Skype Home is to:

1. Exit Skype
  2. in directory \Documents and Settings\ find subdir "shared_dynco"
  3. In this directory open file "dc.db" using Notepad or any relevant text editor, clear all the contents, save the file, set file attributes to RO (Read Only)
  4. in directory \Documents and Settings\ find subdir "shared_httpfe"
  5. In this directory open file "queue.db" using Notepad or any relevant text editor, clear all the contents, save the file, set file attributes to RO (Read Only)

After new launch of Skype the Shype Home should not be displayed...

Spider__007
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 25 (13,806 Views)

Hi, I write from Italy. Same problem, and the Skype Support wrote to me in e-mail that it's impossible to remove this stupid window of Skype Home at the start of Skype. **bleep**!

abn
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 25 (13,305 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling