Problem with sky in windows xp sp2

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with sky in windows xp sp2

Hi!

I'm about to install skype on my desktop computer, but I checked to see the system requirements, and apparently I need service pack 3. I tried updating my service pack, but I get an error message. Is there a previous version of skype that I could install until I resolve that problem? I'm goanna need to reach some people during these next two weeks through skype, and I hope there's an alternative.

0 Kudos
maines
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (4,869 Views)

Re: Problem with sky in windows xp sp2

[ Edited ]

Hi!

You can find older versions of Skype at www.oldversion.com, however, it may be in your best interest to upgrade tp service pack 3, if you are getting the error message by trying to do it through Windows Update, try manually installing it by downloading the SP3 file from the Microsoft Download Centre. The link to the file is :http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

Updating to the latest service pack is recommended as Service Pack 2 is no longer supported by Microsoft and makes your computer vulnerable to attacks from online sources, the service pack can also provide performance improvements and bug fixes.

If you cannot update to service pack 3 using the method I mentioned above, try using an earlier version of Skype from www.oldversion.com. I hope this helps :happy:

0 Kudos
ryanch94
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 8 (4,861 Views)

I still can't download the sp3, so I'll try an old version of Skype for now. I will update my whole system next month, so I just needed a solution for the next few weeks. Thanks!

0 Kudos
maines
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (4,847 Views)

I tried an old version of Skype, but I can't log in with my hotmail account, and if I log in using my skype account, I can't see my msn contacts.

It's a real shame that no one took into account that some users of msn cannot use skype on their computers. Not everyone can afford a "great" computer, and yet some of us need to stay in contact with our msn contacts for work.

There should be a solution for people like me =(

0 Kudos
maines
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (4,837 Views)

But i need sp2 only. what update i must install?

0 Kudos
Azerbaijanian
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (2,768 Views)

maines wrote:

Hi!

I'm about to install skype on my desktop computer, but I checked to see the system requirements, and apparently I need service pack 3. I tried updating my service pack, but I get an error message. Is there a previous version of skype that I could install until I resolve that problem? I'm goanna need to reach some people during these next two weeks through skype, and I hope there's an alternative.

i want to install old version 5.5

0 Kudos
amarpaly
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (2,697 Views)

You can download the Older version skype 6.6.0.106.. it would help you

With regards

Saravana

0 Kudos
D.Saravana
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (800 Views)

Dear Readers,

There is much discussion here in the Community related to Skype retiring old versions of software.  For example: 

Versions older than 6.14 are no longer in service.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1738
Message 8 of 8 (764 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling