Problem - can't install Skype on Windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Problem - can't install Skype on Windows 7

hello! I have a new computer, windows 7.

I tried install skype... I download a 1 megabyte file from this site (skype.com). 

I opened this file and run the installetion, but when it make it to 100% it's says that there is a problem with connecting the download and it is give me a link to another file download (23 megabyte). when I open the new install file, an error message shows up on my screen...

can you help me to sovle this problem so I will be able to install skype?

roy8765
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 25 (8,436 Views)

Re: Problem - can't install Skype on Windows 7

the one that is around 23mb is the full installer.  can you specify the exact error message when you are trying to use that one?

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1282
Message 2 of 25 (8,295 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, but just on an XP machine...which I posted as 'SkypeSetupFull.exe' in this forum

Deanvdwalt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 25 (8,294 Views)

It works!

I don't know who, but when I download the full installer at the 3rd time is worked and install it by few seconds..... thanks anyway.....

the latest skype is 5.5 right?

roy8765
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 25 (8,273 Views)

roy8765 wrote:

It works!

I don't know who, but when I download the full installer at the 3rd time is worked and install it by few seconds..... thanks anyway.....

the latest skype is 5.5 right?

yes, 5.5.0.114 to be exact.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 5 of 25 (8,269 Views)

by the way.... was it only my problem or it was skype's problem? and how it is get fixed?

roy8765
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 25 (8,259 Views)

most likely just a temporary issue. 

Primemover
Power User
Message 7 of 25 (8,254 Views)

roy8765 wrote:

hello! I have a new computer, windows 7.

I tried install skype... I download a 1 megabyte file from this site (skype.com). 

I opened this file and run the installetion, but when it make it to 100% it's says that there is a problem with connecting the download and it is give me a link to another file download (23 megabyte). when I open the new install file, an error message shows up on my screen...

can you help me to sovle this problem so I will be able to install skype?

tahasidahmed1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 25 (7,454 Views)

Dear support team,

I was trying install Skype on the Win7 OS. I downloaded full version from the official website. Installation was started and Skype was searching for the updates. After that, there should have been a window for the typing loging and password, however there was only blue window without any white lane to type in login.

Thank you in advance and waiting for your reply

Anastasia555
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 25 (6,732 Views)

Anastasia555 wrote:

Dear support team,

I was trying install Skype on the Win7 OS. I downloaded full version from the official website. Installation was started and Skype was searching for the updates. After that, there should have been a window for the typing loging and password, however there was only blue window without any white lane to type in login.

Thank you in advance and waiting for your reply

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5038
Message 10 of 25 (6,729 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling