Post a message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Post a message

Most frustrating site have have visited.....

My understanding is that SKYPE is suppose to be free.  I used it Friday evening for the first time for about 15-20 mins.   Yesterday and today i have tried to use it and get a message that says i do not have enough "credits"

Does anyone understand this and what am I doing wrong?

J

jdgel
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (220 Views)

Re: Post a message

some Skype services such as Skype-to-Skype calls, conference calls, chat and group chat, 1-on-1 video calls are indeed free of charge. However, some services such as Skype-to-mobile/landline number, group video calls, voicemail, SMS, online number, etc requires credits or subscriptions.

The support/user guide section offers a mode detailed descriptions - https://support.skype.com/en/

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 499
Message 2 of 5 (203 Views)

Re: Facing similar problem too.

Well, it seems that Skype call rating status is getting way out of hand. I have just recently made my first and last two skype calls, my first one lasted exactly 24 seconds, and was charged 26 cents; my second, and as I just said, my laaast one, lasted 10 seconds and was charged 13 cents. Now, in my own individual opinion, Skype has turned out to be the least convenient way to making phone calls, or at least locally phone calls, instead of being a 1.7 cents /minute, it is being a 1.7 cents/second.

the-thunder
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (161 Views)

Re: Facing similar problem too.

[ Edited ]

On average Skype has had the cheapest calling rates minus other services providing free or extended promos.  I'm not sure where  you were calling to.  The cheapest rates are landlines.  Mobile lines and premium/shared cost numbers are expensive with just about any provider you use.

You can check Skype's Pay as you go rates to find out the cost of a call before you dial the number.  Phone calls are also rounded to the minute, not the second.  You may be able to find another VoIP provider that has a different policy in place.

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

As always you still have the option of calling a person Skype to Skype for free even if it isn't as convenient.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1449
Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)

How do I manage faces in my address book

How do I manage faces in my address book

RET2
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (130 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling