Panasonic skype telephone - connectivity problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Panasonic skype telephone - connectivity problem

This message was on the old forum and since it hasn't been migrated over and was extremely useful, I'm posting it here:

Panasonic - skype is already in use problem (opens in a new tab/window)

I have a panasonic phone KX-TGA915EX which is connected to the PC via a Skype adaptor. If I use Skype for video calling to the PC, the phone is then unable to use Skype even after hanging up / rebooting etc. It seems the profile is corrupted somehow and the error is "Skype is already in use". Even after rebooting, signing out and back in again, pulling the adaptor out and back in again etc. The above note had some really useful tips on how to fix the problem which were originally:

1 Step. You need to uninstall Skype.
2 Step. You need FAR manager (get it here from its homepage http://farmanager.com/index.php?l=en
3 Step. Start FAR and go to C:\Document and Settings\UsernameWithProblemForSkypeAdapter\Application Data
There you can see SKYPE folder. Delete it.
4 Step. Download the last version of Skype and start it.
5 Step. Enjoy you USB Panasonic Adapter working. 

However, I believe I have another solution based on the above

When you have gone through the above steps and got it working, and set up your Skype account again etc etc, logout of Skype, close it completely and take a backup of your Skype account:

The following steps will do this:

run cmd.exe

In the DOS box, enter:

cd "c:\users\<yourusernamehere>\AppData\Roaming"

xcopy /s/i Skype Skype-Bak

exit

Then create another file called FixSkype.bat and put it on your desktop or somewhere convenient. In this file, put the following:

cd "c:\users\<yourusernamehere>\AppData\Roaming"
rmdir /s/q Skype-Old
rename Skype Skype-Old
xcopy /s/i Skype-Bak Skype

And the next time you get the annoying "skype is already in use" ANNOYING BUG, just run the bat file to restore the old "good" profile. You will lose any account settings and chat history since the backup. 

Still wondering when Skype will actually fix the bug as this solution is less than ideal.

Craig

siliconglen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (552 Views)

Re: Panasonic skype telephone - connectivity problem

Sorry, the xcopy /s/i should of course be xcopy /e/y
siliconglen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (458 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling