Re: One Way Video

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

One Way Video

I receive video and sound. However, the person I'm speaking to does not get my picture or voice. I went to Tools, but did not see "video" selection. What am I doing wrong? I first signed in with Logitech, manufacturer of webcam, then signed onto Skype. Did I miss something? Thanks.

NannyA
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (498 Views)

You should not use Logitech software to start you webcam. On the contrary, this applications must be closed. Start Skype using the desktop shortcut (icon). Go to Tools -> Options -> Video settings and make sure that your Logitech webcam is selected in the Select webcam box.

Do the same in Audio settings, if your webcam has a built-in microphone.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7395
Message 2 of 4 (491 Views)

TY for your reply. So you want me to delete Logitech installation software? all of it?

NannyA
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (488 Views)

No. You just don't need to start it.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7395
Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling