Number of participants allowed on free skype conve...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Number of participants allowed on free skype conversation?

Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi, econdeza, and welcome to the Community,

You can share a group call with up to 25 people, anywhere in the world, and if everyone’s on Skype it’s completely free.

If you’re calling people who are on a mobile or landline, you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2831/making-a-group-call-windows-desktop

(For a group video call, one person on the call must be a Skype Premium subscriber, and the limit there is ten (10).)

Regards,

Elaine

View solution in original post
Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi, econdeza,

Took a little digging, but I did find it in the FAQ articles!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1005/how-do-i-start-a-group-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

A group conversation allows you to send instant messages to two or more contacts simultaneously. You can do this by either creating a group from scratch, or by adding contacts to an existing conversation. Currently, you can add up to 300 contacts to one IM conversation.

Cheers,

Elaine

View solution in original post
econdeza
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (23,100 Views)

Re: Number of participants allowed on free skype conversation?

Hi, econdeza, and welcome to the Community,

You can share a group call with up to 25 people, anywhere in the world, and if everyone’s on Skype it’s completely free.

If you’re calling people who are on a mobile or landline, you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2831/making-a-group-call-windows-desktop

(For a group video call, one person on the call must be a Skype Premium subscriber, and the limit there is ten (10).)

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 2 of 10 (23,085 Views)

Thank you Elaine... really appreciate the info :happy:

Also... What is the maximum number of participants in free skype chat conversation in a chatroom?

econdeza
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (23,080 Views)

Hi, econdeza,

Took a little digging, but I did find it in the FAQ articles!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1005/how-do-i-start-a-group-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-...

A group conversation allows you to send instant messages to two or more contacts simultaneously. You can do this by either creating a group from scratch, or by adding contacts to an existing conversation. Currently, you can add up to 300 contacts to one IM conversation.

Cheers,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 4 of 10 (23,075 Views)

Thank you very much Elaine... cheers!
econdeza
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (23,067 Views)

Because of Xbox One, I was given Skype Premium. When I try to video chat with more than three people, I loose my ability to see video of all people but people in the group can see video. I also cannot transmit video. Why? 

HikeAMountain
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 10 (22,061 Views)

Is there a way to get over 25 participants on a conversation even at a cost?

lr888
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (13,040 Views)

No.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6332
Message 8 of 10 (13,036 Views)

your welcome i really was stuck on what name to pick well thats what i came up with well have a good night i have to try and get some sleep for class

econdeza wrote:

25 right

octoberguy
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (8,466 Views)

This page: 

http://www.skype.com/en/group-video-call/

now says group video calls are free. Has that changed from the last message in this thread, or has it always been like this?

hwyhobo
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (6,946 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling