Not showing other people online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Not showing other people online

[ Edited ]

So I've been having a lot of trouble all of a sudden with my skype. When I do manage to log in, no one shows up as online. My roommate who is skypeing 3 of my skype friends over skype are all online. Additionally, skype can't even talk to echo sound test.

Also, when I quit skype, if I restart it, it says I'm already logged in and if I look at task manager, it has two skypes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled skype twice. 

I am on an alienware m14 laptop with windows 8 (not 8.1).

silver9244
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: Not showing other people online

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10/6.11/6.13 version, then do also this:

Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.

Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6606
Message 2 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: Not showing other people online

Still not working
Posted from Apple iPhone
silver9244
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (41 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling