Not detecting webcam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Not detecting webcam

I have just installed skype for the first time on my laptop. I have a built in webcam but it's saying there is no webcam detected.  Do I need a seperate webcam or am I missing something obvious?

TIA

Accepted Solution

by Tamim

You have to install latest webcam driver downloaded directly from laptop manufacturers website.

View solution in original post
beckie222
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 21 (31,939 Views)

Re: Not detecting webcam

First check your webcam is listed in Device Manager >> Imaging Devices.

Click Start >> Run >> Type devmgmt.msc

removewebcam.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8162
Message 2 of 21 (31,930 Views)

It's not listed on this.

Any suggestions what I could do?

beckie222
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 21 (31,927 Views)

You have to install latest webcam driver downloaded directly from laptop manufacturers website.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 21 (31,922 Views)

Thank you I got it working

beckie222
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 21 (31,917 Views)

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 21 (31,912 Views)

I am also having a problem with my webcam not being recognized.  I followed the directions given to "Becky".  My computer shows my webcam as working but Skype does not recognize it.  I am also having a problem hearing sound. (Only on Skype are these problems.)  What can I do to fix it?

kupuna96815
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 21 (31,776 Views)

kupuna96815 wrote:

I am also having a problem with my webcam not being recognized.  I followed the directions given to "Becky".  My computer shows my webcam as working but Skype does not recognize it.  I am also having a problem hearing sound. (Only on Skype are these problems.)  What can I do to fix it?

What do you see when in Skype you go to Tools -> Options -> Video settings?

Also what settings do you have for your Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7345
Message 8 of 21 (31,772 Views)

Hello,

My webcam was working fine on skype, but no it keeps saying that webcam is not detected. I have a build in webcam. what do i need to do to?

nadia6201992
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 21 (30,125 Views)

i got my webcam listed in it but still not detected in skype and also on the camera app of win 8

it says attach a camera

pinku_wooing
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 21 (25,676 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling