Nobody showing online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Nobody showing online

[ Edited ]

I have the 6.11.0.102 version of Skype installed but I haven't seen anyone in my contact list online yet since I tried to use the program (for the first time since Msn messenger went offline) earlier this week.

Problems that I have are:

1. Nobody showing as Online, ever.

2. 2 of my contact are blocked but cannot unblock them.

And yes I have tried to find a solution searching your forums and tried everything I found on the subject without the results I want.

I logged out and renamed my Skype folder in the %appata%
I reinstalled many times and also renamed the folder again.

I Installed the previous versions of Skype in wich case all my contacts show as blocked and thus only made the situation worse (and no, I can't unblock either one of them). And yes, renamed the folder.

Oh, and offcourse I am Online too!

And I used the uninstall Norton tool to completely remove any remaining old installation.

Disabled my Firewall.

And I have Internet Explorer 8 installed (Not IE 10).

Compatibility Mode is and always was disabled.

None of these resolved my problem.

Only once when I logged in I received two requests to add friends and I could accept them.

Using windows 7

AJfresh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (312 Views)
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5042
Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling