No Menu Bar

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Menu Bar

I have no menu bar on top of the skype window. I did reinstall skype, but it didn't help. Please advice.

FirstFlight
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 31 (3,695 Views)

Re: No Menu Bar

so do i = no menu bar

henkdereuver
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 31 (3,235 Views)

Please visit the link below as the explanations and instructions there might help;

Skype Application vs Account Page

moreover, you can also paste a link to the screenshot of what you are seeing in your software, just remove the http:// prefix in the screenshot's url.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 3 of 31 (3,230 Views)

I also have the same problem = no menu bar on one computer. 

I have uninstaled and re-install Skype. I used the one you find easy and I even used the full version SkypeSetupFull.exe (5.6.0.105). It is the same problem. 

How to solve this?

On another computer Skype works fine.

SorenK
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 31 (2,954 Views)

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... , what happens?

If you see a message box that contains a connect button, please click on the connect button.

If the page fails to display, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by clicking this link: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

Please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

SorenK wrote:

I have uninstaled and re-install Skype. I used the one you find easy and I even used the full version SkypeSetupFull.exe (5.6.0.105). It is the same problem. 

How to solve this?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 5 of 31 (2,950 Views)

TheUberOverLord wrote:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to login.skype.com/account/ , what happens?

I can log in to my account and it looks fine.

If you see a message box that contains a connect button, please click on the connect button.

I do not see any message box

If the page fails to display, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Since the page work I have not done the step below.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try "" target="_blank">

You can install the Current release by clicking this link:

I have tried this but it did not help.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

XP with different user accounts o´n the computer. Skype have the same problem on all accounts. It dosent matter if it is a normal user or a administrator.

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

I have all windows updates

SorenK wrote:

How to solve this?

SorenK
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 31 (2,944 Views)

SorenK wrote:

TheUberOverLord wrote:

Stop Skype.

Try to launch Skype.

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to login.skype.com/account/ , what happens?

I can log in to my account and it looks fine.

I do not see any message box

Since the page work I have not done the step below.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try "" target="_blank">

You can install the Current release by clicking this link:

I have tried this but it did not help.

XP with different user accounts o´n the computer. Skype have the same problem on all accounts. It dosent matter if it is a normal user or a administrator.

I have all windows updates

SorenK wrote:

How to solve this?

In your case and your case only.

1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.

2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.

3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:

%appdata%\skype

If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.

4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.

5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:

NOTE: If This is a 64 bit system, please look in the program files (x86) folder

%programfiles%

Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.

6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 7 of 31 (2,937 Views)

I followed your instructtions and also checked every user account on the computer and deleted every Skype folder that I fount after unistallning Skype.

Then I re-installed but still the same **bleep**.

I tried to show you a picture of how it looks but I am not allowed

No menu bar. he message body contains /serverpage/image- which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

What can I do? On another computer Skype works fine so it not my account or settings on the web.

Soren

SorenK
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 31 (2,888 Views)

SorenK wrote:

I followed your instructtions and also checked every user account on the computer and deleted every Skype folder that I fount after unistallning Skype.

Then I re-installed but still the same **bleep**.

I tried to show you a picture of how it looks but I am not allowed

No menu bar. he message body contains /serverpage/image- which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

What can I do? On another computer Skype works fine so it not my account or settings on the web.

Soren

For Testing ONLY! Please do NOT stay on this release and post back if this works.

In your case and your case only.

1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.

2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.

3. Using Windows File Explorer do:

%appdata%\skype

If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.

4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.

5. You will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=82?download

This will install the older version of Skype.

How are things now?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 9 of 31 (2,885 Views)

I got some help from Skype. Basically they told me to uninstall, delete every Skype folder I could find on the computer, go to the registry and search for Skype and delete everything.

Then I should re-install Skype using the full version.

I have done this but I still have the same problem.

I starting to think that some where it is a simple setting that fix this  (like in Firefox View>Toolbars>Menu bar>off/on.

But I cannot find this setting.

My problem looks like this http://krasno.larmande.free.fr/SkypeMenu.JPG 

Sören K

SorenK
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 31 (2,740 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling