Need to download an older version of Skype!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to download an older version of Skype!

So, basically, this new version of Skype and my computer do not get along. There are too many glitches in the newer version that simply makes it unusable on my computer.

To cut to the chase, my timezones are all wrong, my country is wrong, and my chat doesn't work > I get the notifications that someone is talking to me, but cannot see the text as well as when I reply I also cannot see what I've written.

Long story short, please do not bother trying to "fix" my current problems because a) I have already had another forum where my problem could not be fixed and b) I rather the old version anyways because this new version is just a handful of headaches!

SO that out of the way - older versions? Download links? Is it possible to download an older version of Skype through Skype or do I have to go to another website?

Toxicoid
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 45
Message 1 of 42 (156,996 Views)

Re: Need to download an older version of Skype!

You can get v5.10.0.116 from Skype here:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.10.0.116.msi

For an older version than that, you'll have to go elsewhere.  Here's one such site:

http://www.oldskype.com/

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 2 of 42 (156,986 Views)

AAHHHHHHHHHH! How is this possible? It STILL doesn't work.

x_x

I can't see any messages. My skype chats are frozen on yesterday's conversations.

Whatever I write, I cannot see. What ever people write to me, I cannot see. It's like it's frozen in time. This doesn't even make sense. Could there be something wrong with my account?

Toxicoid
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 42 (156,984 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was baffled by the other thread in which you received ideas for troubleshooting.  Rather than start a new thread trying to solve the same problems, I suggest you go back to that one and post the latest steps you've taken.

One thought...I don't see that it's likely to be a problem specific to your account but to be sure, just create a new account and see if it has the same problem(s).

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 906
Message 4 of 42 (156,981 Views)

I didn't start a new thread for the same problem.

It's like every day I turn on skype it's one step closer to self-destruction.

The other thread is about my timezone problems WHICH may I add, have yet to be solved for version 6.1. My timezones for my contacts and I are still being displayed wrong. Only some seem to be displayed correctly.

I'm having a different problem, on top of the other one, except this one makes Skype UNUSABLE. I cannot chat. My chats are all frozen to yesterday's conversations. I thought it was just the new version of skype (since the problems started upon the upgrade) but now that I've downloaded the older version, I still cannot chat. I'm having the same problem.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH - checking the timezones on the old version of Skype, they seem to be all correct. 

Toxicoid
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 42 (156,978 Views)

So, my suspicion was confirmed.

My account is the problem. For whatever reason, on that account, my chat system has been glitched or corrupted and no longer works. I have no idea why. But creating a new account seems to have done the trick. Everything is working perfectly. The older version of skype also corrected my timezone and country problem. Perfect. All is well.

Is it possible to delete this account? 

Toxicoid
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 42 (156,971 Views)

All of this is a typical example of how Microsoft support Customers?????

Horrendous!

There MUST always be a simple way for Customers to revert to an older, working, version of software.

It is INEXCUSABLE for the supplier to take a "not my problem" stance.

ALl of the big issues started when Microsoft spent more time (it seems) throwing ADVERTS into our faces than ensuring the application itself worked flawlessly.

Sad.

Sterlingchap
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 7 of 42 (156,874 Views)

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

May I add that BOTH threads I have were never resolved AND were never responded too afterwards?

Yup. This is supposed to be customer service. Rude responses like "I was baffled by the other thread in which you received ideas for troubleshooting. Rather than start a new thread trying to solve the same problems, I suggest you go back to that one and post the latest steps you've taken." THAT PROVIDE ABSOLUTELY NO SOLUTIONS, and representatives that ditch threads after a couple lazy replies undermining the customer.

VERY sad indeed. Terrible service.
Toxicoid
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 42 (156,857 Views)

If you are not yet aware about this, then please note that this Forum has nothing to do with Customer Service. This is an User-to-User forum and you are receiving answers and suggestions on how to solve a problem from your fellow Skype users.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 5971
Message 9 of 42 (156,848 Views)

Thanks done what you said and it looks like I'm sorted thank you
http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.10.0.116.msi
Macintrouble
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 42 (156,548 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling