My webcam won't turn on???

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

My webcam won't turn on???

I have the latest version of Skype on my MacBook Pro but the webcam is not working. It works for FaceTime and PhotoBooth but when I call on Skype and go to turn off the video block it just tells me that the video is turned off and I see the box where my picture is with a loading signal but it just stays that way. I can see the other person and hear them and they can hear me but they can't see me. I had used Omegle a few minutes before and the camera was working just fine. I could see them and they could see me but after a while my side went black so that they could still see me but I couldn't see me. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Please help!

RDhillon21
Novel Adventurer

Accepted Solution

Hey i solved my own problem :happy: I made sure I downloaded the latest version of skype and got rid of the old one, then quit skype and shut down (not restarted) but shut down my whole computer properly for at least 10 seconds then started it back up. When I reopened skype and checked video in my preferences it worked :happy: I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post
RDhillon21
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 34 (85,267 Views)

Re: My webcam won't turn on???

I'm having the same exact problem aswell. I'm hoping for there to be a solution to this.

CMAN1377
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 34 (85,257 Views)

Someone please help every time I call someone a picture of the webcam comes on saying start webcam and i cant see them but they can hear me,they  are also getting the same start web cam

trini51
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 34 (85,241 Views)

checked web cam  and it works. But on call when click webcam icon get message not turned on!?

SanFrancisco
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 34 (85,142 Views)

Hey i solved my own problem :happy: I made sure I downloaded the latest version of skype and got rid of the old one, then quit skype and shut down (not restarted) but shut down my whole computer properly for at least 10 seconds then started it back up. When I reopened skype and checked video in my preferences it worked :happy: I hope this helps you.

RDhillon21
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 34 (85,076 Views)

i have changed over to skype from msn but carnt get the web cam to work any help please 

mags2013
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 34 (83,498 Views)

my webcam isnt working, l need help now please
nnekaogbu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 34 (82,335 Views)

I have desktop computer and my webcam won't turn on.

Suddenly Skype stopped working and I got one of those notices saying there was a Skype problem and to send the details etc.

I Googled it all and somebody said to download the latest Shype verstion which I did and Skype started up again but the camera doesn't work. When I try to make a call I get a notice which says I don't appear to have a webcam!

And yet the cam light come on as Skype fires up.

I kind of hoped this was the kind of forum where they had Skype staff who would help but it seems a case here of the blind leading the blind!

Has anybody any ideas I might try> I'm a non-techie pensioner!

psiclops
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 34 (81,866 Views)

Just in case it helps my webcam has been working for many months with no problem.

It's a Microsoft HD webcame

My Skype version is 6.3.60.105.

I have Internet Explorer 8 - version 8.0.6001.18702

Thanks

psiclops
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 34 (81,847 Views)

Susan. Thanks for replying but I have been to that site which is about creating special effects. All I need is to get my webcam to work with Skype. How will this link help me please. I do hope this link is not just spam or I'll ber very disappointed.

psiclops
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 34 (79,469 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling