My skype still will not let me sign in..I have tri...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: My skype still will not let me sign in..I have tried everything! I just want to talk to my broth

atimoula,

Please try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-TroubleShoot-While-Loading-It-s-Urgent/m-...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6215
Message 11 of 18 (255 Views)

Re: My skype still will not let me sign in..I have tried everything! I just want to talk to my broth

[ Edited ]

Thank you Tamim,

I have done this already - had seen your post prior to my posting my comment today. It works for a while and then it is back to square one. And, I really do not feel like resetting my IE over and over again. Besides, the problem is not occurring only in one device. My siblings overseas have the same problems and their computers are even better than mine. The problem is with Skype, not our systems. I have installed and reinstalled the darn Skype program from my laptop, my cell, my kindle, my ipad a thousand times. I have better things to do than going through all these steps so I can get to talk to my family. It is as if paying for a phone line that does not work half of the time. I love Skype when it is working but half of the time it is not. My brother and sister as well as all my friends here and overseas we are all very frustrated. Again, I do not mind some minor problems associated with all free programs but as a premium subscription - paying consumer - I am very upset about the lack of telephone support on demand, like all telephone companies that charge fees have.  Skype should provide paying customers with telephone support and nor have them go around looking for answers. I  feel very bad about all the customers who are desperately trying to get answers on this topic and elsewhere and all they get is miles of topics that half of the time do not solve the problem. Microsoft must fix the bugs associated with Skype. If they were not ready they should have not stopped "IM - Instant Messenger" until Skype was relatively stable. Also, Microsoft should not have this program use all our pc resources. I am sure the keep running tons of processes to monitor our every move and contacts. But "privacy issues" associated with Skype is another story.

Thank you again, for your help, Tamim.

atimoula
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 12 of 18 (254 Views)

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Are you behind a proxy?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6215
Message 13 of 18 (249 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tamim- I just have Microsoft Security Essentials on my laptop and am not behind a proxy. But, as I said, the signing in issue is not unique to one specific device. It happens in all devices, even that of my friends and family, here and overseas. Please, look how many people are having the same issue. Microsoft has to start addressing this issue as it is not just one persons' problem. There is no reason why the problem keeps recurring even when I am on my ipad and kindle fire or my cell. My sister was trying to call me all day today from Europe and Skype would not let her sign in...It was spinning around doing nothing..Thank you for trying to help, Tamim.

atimoula
Routine Adventurer
Message 14 of 18 (246 Views)

Did you get it to work ? I have same
Thanks
Roger1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 15 of 18 (194 Views)

No, it still the same. I am also having other issues such as "audio ads" or "3rd party like voices" heard on the background during a call. No doubt the ports that Skype is using and that UnPp are causing lots o traffic to come in the back door. Microsoft has yet to address the issues although I have called support to bring the "audio ads" to their attention. It is our privact in jeopardy here, yet there are no answers other than a few kind people who are trying to help here. They just updated the darn thing and as soon as the update was over I got more noise and audio ads / 3rd party voice interference. Perhaps Skype needs to be regulated like a telephone company. That is the only way that consumers will get protected, especially when we pay for services affected by these issues. I hope you have better luck than me... please let me know if you get it fixed. Thank you.

atimoula
Routine Adventurer
Message 16 of 18 (181 Views)

Yes I am using the latest verion and still not working.
vincentjohn
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 17 of 18 (80 Views)

vincentjohn wrote:
Yes I am using the latest verion and still not working.

What is not working?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6300
Message 18 of 18 (79 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling