Re: My skype is FREAKING out!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

My skype is FREAKING out!

Hi. I have the newest version of skype and on my new laptop im having lots a problems. Okay, when i first open skype, it freezes and says "A script on this page is causing internet explorer to act slowly. If you dont clos it, your computer may become non responsive." and if i hit no, it repeats till i hit yes, then i cant vist the home page or it does it again. Also if i im my friends, i stays pending for a while, but if i stay on the skype program and let it do that a few times, it doesnt do that until i minimize skype or click another window. And to top it off, if my friend calls me, i cant answer or decline and it keeps ringing, then my skype stays all glitchy till i close it and reopen. Also my computer has no sound from skype or windows. Actualy about my laptop, i've had it for like 4 years and then it was getting a lot of software problems so i decited to have the hardrive wiped and windows reinstalled on it, i had all the disc and drivers too. I gave them to the repair person, but they didnt install all the drivers i gave them, They used there own. Also (this has nothing to do with skype) when i watch a youtube video, it stays at 0:00 and doesnt move. I have windows XP service pack 3, its a dell latitude e5500 and i have the newest version of skype. Someone PLEASE help me! :bigsmile: Thanks!!

Bummercheese
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]

I highly suggest visiting www.windowsupdate.com to download and install the latest updates for your computer/OS.  This may resolve driver and other compatibility issues you may have.  Your IE may be out of date or have problematic plug-ins, or out of date certificates so updating your computer to the latest version of IE for your OS is highly advisable.  

IE8

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

Root Certificates

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38918

Adobe Flash

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1094
Message 2 of 9 (246 Views)

I already updated to ei 8 and i checked for updates through my computer and it was up to date. :/

Bummercheese
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]

You might want to reset your IE to default, or re-install IE.  Then uninstall the current Adobe Flash you have installed and get the latest.  If you post the model of computer you have I can point you to the correct drivers.  If you have any Antivirus or Security software installed something might be corrupt in its installation, so you might want to disable/uninstall it for the time being.  If it worked recently you may want to restore your computer to an earlier time.  If it hasn't worked since it came back then the person you paid they probably didn't do an adequate job with this reload.  I would suspect any other software that was installed as a possible culprit to this type of problem.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 9 (236 Views)

Like i said in an earlier post, its a Dell Latitude E5500. I reset internet explorer to default and it didnt help. I logged in to my 2nd skype accound and it doesnt do the internet explorer isnt responding thing but it still takes a while to IM my friends :c

Bummercheese
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (213 Views)

[ Edited ]

I apparently missed the model number you supplied earlier.  In any case the latest XP drivers for your model computer can be obtained from the following location:

IDT Audio

ftp://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER99587M/2/R267815.exe

Intel Video

ftp://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01080833M/1/Video_Driver_MXYGW_WN_6.14.10.5420_A15.EXE

I've never had an issue with IMs unless the people I'm IM'ing are offline.  I can imagine Security software possibly slowing down IMs or some other software/hardware oddity on your computer.  If heard of people having slow IMs to MSN contacts, but the majority if not all of the contacts I communicate with are native Skype contacts. If you experience more issues with your specific account, you can try to reset your local profile located at %appdata%\Skype .  When Skype is not running rename the folder with your Skype name to something else, then relaunch Skype.  To restore your old history you would have to transplant the old main.db file to the new folder with your Skype name.  

If your computer still acts oddly you might try creating a new Windows user then log into Skype to see if anything changes.  You can always delete that user account, or use that one should it work out better.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 9 (205 Views)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SOUND FINALLY WORKS AND I CAN FINALLY NOW WATCH YOUTUBE!!!!!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!!!! All my friends are offline of skype but im sure it works fine now. THANKS :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 

Bummercheese
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (185 Views)

Well im still having that skype problem. I don't know what is wrong! I tried uninstalling internet explorer and skype then reinstalling them both (And deleting the appdata for skype) And it is STILL doing the a script on this page is causing internet explorer to act slowly blah blah blah. I really dont know what to do now :\

Bummercheese
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (181 Views)

Try to apply this MS Fix It:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500/en

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 5768
Message 9 of 9 (167 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling