My skype contacts are always online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

My skype contacts are always online

Hello. I have this problem already 3 weeks. Some of my contacts are always online.I'm signed in skype with my skype account on 1 pc and 1 laptop. On the second laptop i'm signed in with another account. The problems is that some contacts are always online. I tried to uninstall skype a several times and delete skype history but nothing hasn't changed. PLEASE HELP!
dreamhouse
Routine Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Then you must be using skype on a cel phone...tha´s a different story...read "ruwim" a few posts up.

View solution in original post
dreamhouse
Routine Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

As I have told you before, the contacts that still show online all the time are friends of yours who have  linked accounts. So pass the solution to them, since it is their problem and they are the ones to have to fix it. If they have cell phones then pass them the other message. That´s it!

So to sum it up. Seeing your contacts always online was NEVER your problem but theirs! Got it now? 

And it seems that skype will not send new requests for contacts that were already on your list....some file must have that stored.

View solution in original post
Posted from Apple iPhone
tcizmar2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 23 (13,285 Views)

Re: My skype contacts are always online

Hi, tczmar2, and welcome to the Community,

Please have a look at this thread or discussion ...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/skype-always-online-even-if-everything-has-been...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1964
Message 2 of 23 (13,263 Views)

Thanks a lot, but some of my contacts are online again. Do you know something about that?
Posted from Apple iPhone
tcizmar2
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 23 (13,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
dreamhouse
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 4 of 23 (13,244 Views)

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6835
Message 5 of 23 (13,234 Views)

How to unlink account on Windows 7?
Posted from Apple iPhone
tcizmar2
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 23 (13,216 Views)

dreamhouse
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 23 (13,211 Views)

I don t have linked accounts. What i can do now?

tcizmar2
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 23 (13,182 Views)

[ Edited ]

Then you must be using skype on a cel phone...tha´s a different story...read "ruwim" a few posts up.

dreamhouse
Routine Adventurer
Message 9 of 23 (13,163 Views)

I use Skype on 2 laptops, 1 pc and on a mobile phone. But when i go to the account details and to the " linked accounts" , my account is not linked with facebook or with something else
Posted from Apple iPhone
tcizmar2
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 23 (13,149 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling