My microphone isn't working ..

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

My microphone isn't working ..

My microphone isn't working ! , I've tried many things, disable , enable, mute, un-mute, everything..

Im in a  windows 7 64 bit, i searched for new drivers, installed , now i enabled to hear the sound of my mic on my headset and I can hear it , but it doesn't work to call my friends on skype..

It doesnt work for like a day after i upgraded all my drivers.. 

i saw the microphones working on skype, but i have just 1 that im currently using on windows , even if i shout , the bar of sound doesn't move.

I need help because i use it everyday and i would like to still use it and don't just go to another program like teamspeak or ventrilo :s 
Waiting for help , kiliador 

Thekiliador95
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 9 (14,016 Views)

Re: My microphone isn't working ..

WORKING NOW, IM **bleep**ING PRO, U SHOULD GET A WORKER LIKE ME @

Thekiliador95
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 9 (14,010 Views)

tell me how to do it please
lucman108
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 9 (13,690 Views)

If you look around the forums, this has been an issue with Skype for years, going back until at least 2009. Most of the time it's some kind of driver conflict--maybe a driver conflict with Microsoft updates. Often, as is my case, the mike works otherwise but not with Skype.

I have used Skype for a couple of years. I thought the mike on my headset died; I went and got a new one and--same problem. (This is a common refrain.) Some people find that they can hear their voice--but now it's very, very soft. Last night I spent hours and hours trying every solution suggested on a forum. Today I was nagged to update Skype again. Now there's a new annoyance: a buzzing, humming sound.

My next move is to go un-install that update and basically go back and drop Microsoft updates. I am using Windows 7; that seems to be where most people encounter this problem.

Would love to hear of services other than Skype. Fortunately, I don't have too much money stored on the thing. I am furious that I wasted so many hours and that Skype offers no help for a problem that is not at all new.

suzana2008
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 9 (13,492 Views)

Thank you for having reported on this problem. I'm probably not going to spend any more time trying to fix the problem (as I have the same). Thanks again. I hope somebody figures it out in the future. 

Susanburger22
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (12,880 Views)

My inbuilt microphone is not working on my laptop
ijazahmadd
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (12,365 Views)

How did you get it to fix, though? It would be helpful for other users who have this problem.

❂ ~sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something~ ❂
Shrubskill
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 9 (7,503 Views)

I just uninstalled and reinstalled my app

Morpy
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (7,207 Views)

Didn't work for me. Still buzzing for others.
rabbittwoman
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (6,022 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling