My contacts showing offline...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My contacts showing offline...

My contacts are showing offline when they are indeed online...and they see me as offline too...this is a new problem. I have deleted Skype and downloaded v5.9 for Windows...still no joy..what is going on please? 

Thanks

jack62
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 61 (26,948 Views)

Re: My contacts showing offline...

Do you or the contact have their status selected as Offline, Invisible, or Do Not Disturb?
Further detail found here - https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA3501/What-is-a-status-setting-and-how-do-I-change-it?frompage=...

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 2 of 61 (26,937 Views)

No...we both have selected online with the white tick on a green background. I do not receive any notification any more in the bottom right hand corner of my screen either that anyone is online as I used to.

jack62
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 61 (26,935 Views)

Have you checked to see what Notifications you have selected?

Skype > Tools > Options > Notifications > Noti settings

Have you instaled anything recently e.g. a new firewall or anti-virus software?

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Message 4 of 61 (26,933 Views)

All my notifications are fine, I have selected those that I need. To my knowledge, I have not downloaded any anti-virus software or made any changes, but will now check, thanks, be back later.

jack62
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 61 (26,926 Views)

OK...I have checked a re-checked my settings, firewalls etc...all seems fine. My contacts are online, but I only see them as offline...and they see me as offline...please can you help?

jack62
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 61 (26,905 Views)

I'm having the same problem....it just started for no reason...one day fine next not working...thought my contacts were all off line till someone said they were actually online....I've tried all the "fixes" that I've found on here and none of them work....I have also got the imo app on my ipod and when I sign into skype with that they still show off line....so this is NOT a problem with my laptop.....get this sortred skype...
beccas227
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 61 (26,854 Views)

Are you signed into Facebook threw Skype?

Regards,
Beowolfv

Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Message 8 of 61 (26,837 Views)

no, but it did seem to happen on my laptop at the same time as I downloaded ımo messenger on my ıpod, I have the old ıpod so can't download skype directly, don't really know why that would affect my laptop though. but as a thought ımo has always shown my contacts as offline too.

beccas227
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 61 (26,828 Views)

Having the same problem on random occasions.  Sometimes Skype can take up to 30 minutes to update online status, or offline.  Have seen an account stay online for 30 minutes, even though on a call to them after they have logged out and into another Skype account, other party not know how to to run 2 Skype accounts simultaneously...

peterchdad2kkec
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 73
Message 10 of 61 (26,748 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling