My Skype won't load.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Skype won't load.

My skype just won't load, I click on it and it comes up and just says Skype and a picture of Clouds and Rainbows and what-not. On my task bar it shows the skype icon with a Offline mark next to it. I'm using windows and my Internet speed is fine.

RunOwenRun
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 17 (6,681 Views)

Re: My Skype won't load.

Mine is doing the exact same and it's driving me bonkers! My little girl is in America for 16 days and me the UK, this is the only way I can keep in touch with her and well... I can't! The annoying this is it loads off the actual website, I can log in fine with no problem on there. Also when I try my old account that works just fine too. It's my new account it seems. I know the password is correct and have even tried signing in with my Microsoft account instead. It just loads for a while and then says "Skype can't connect" whichever I try. Some professional guy needs to hurry up and help us :-p

sawah2502
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 17 (6,666 Views)

RunOwenRun wrote:

My skype just won't load, I click on it and it comes up and just says Skype and a picture of Clouds and Rainbows and what-not. On my task bar it shows the skype icon with a Offline mark next to it. I'm using windows and my Internet speed is fine.

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on (XP, Vista, Windows 7)? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7072
Message 3 of 17 (6,646 Views)

sawah2502 wrote:

Mine is doing the exact same and it's driving me bonkers! My little girl is in America for 16 days and me the UK, this is the only way I can keep in touch with her and well... I can't! The annoying this is it loads off the actual website, I can log in fine with no problem on there. Also when I try my old account that works just fine too. It's my new account it seems. I know the password is correct and have even tried signing in with my Microsoft account instead. It just loads for a while and then says "Skype can't connect" whichever I try. Some professional guy needs to hurry up and help us :-p

Your issue is totally different.

Try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 17 (6,644 Views)

That Happenes to me When i open it Does anyone else know why???

Kareem24
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 17 (4,500 Views)

I am also experiencing the same thing. I am using windows 7, 64-bit.

I have 11.0.9600.16428

Please help me to solve immediately this problem. I really need to contact my clients asap. This is the only way i can contact them. Thank you!

RooseveltCagata
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 17 (4,472 Views)

What exactly happens when you are trying to start Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 17 (4,462 Views)

when I tried to run my skype, yeah, it opened but it did not continue signing in, all I can see is the skype window but no sign in tabs. It would not automatically signed in too... I already uninstalled my skype then tried to install a new skype. during the installation process, I encountered a 2738 error.. I found this one: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Error-Code-2738-When-trying-to-install-Skype-So...

i will try that one to fix the installer. let me know what advices you can give me so that I will try that. thank you!

RooseveltCagata
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 17 (4,424 Views)

RooseveltCagata wrote:

when I tried to run my skype, yeah, it opened but it did not continue signing in, all I can see is the skype window but no sign in tabs. It would not automatically signed in too... I already uninstalled my skype then tried to install a new skype. during the installation process, I encountered a 2738 error.. I found this one: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Error-Code-2738-When-trying-to-install-Skype-So...

i will try that one to fix the installer. let me know what advices you can give me so that I will try that. thank you!

Try this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

In the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  vbscript.dll

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 17 (4,419 Views)

i have the same problem and i have windows 7 64 bit and im 90% sure i have the newest version of internet explorer please help

XxEAGLE72xX
Routine Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (3,989 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling