Re: My Skype login screen is blank?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

This happened when I upgraded to 5.5 or 5.6

the only solution, and i checked several suggested here, was reverting to ver 5.0. Hopefully Skype resolves the issue in future upgrades

allen47611
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 85 (4,341 Views)

allen47611 wrote:

the only solution, and i checked several suggested here, was reverting to ver 5.0. Hopefully Skype resolves the issue in future upgrades

You should not expect that this “issue” will be resolved in any forthcoming version of Skype, because the problem is not with Skype but with your Windows, Internet Explorer and JavaScript. Skype (since version 5.5) is using Internet Explorer and JavaScript to create and manage the login screen.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type winver.exe and then press Enter.

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6365
Message 12 of 85 (4,336 Views)

allen47611 wrote:

Please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such activities;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Index-of-file-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login-Solution/m-p/4243...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6088
Message 13 of 85 (4,323 Views)

Hi,

I'm using window xp 32bit with firefox 10. I have also the same problem that there is no login window with the skype.  When I installed the program, a short message is shown : "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2738."  When I open the folder in the program file, there is no skype exe. inside.  I've tried to download from another site but the result is the same.  Can anybody tell me what to do?  Thanks!

philipau10
Casual Adventurer
Message 14 of 85 (4,126 Views)

philipau10 wrote:

Hi,

I'm using window xp 32bit with firefox 10. I have also the same problem that there is no login window with the skype.  When I installed the program, a short message is shown : "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2738."  When I open the folder in the program file, there is no skype exe. inside.  I've tried to download from another site but the result is the same.  Can anybody tell me what to do?  Thanks!

Even if you are using Firefox as your browser, Skype is using Internet Explorer and JavaScript. Likewise, the 2738 error message indicates that also vbscript is not functioning on your Windows.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

Open any text editor, e.g. Notepad. Write there just one line of text:

WScript.Echo "Hello Skype"

Save this file anywhere on your computer as HelloSkype.vbs. It’s important with the . vbs extension. Now double click on this file. If vbscript is functioning properly, then you should see a message box with the text Hello Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 15 of 85 (4,116 Views)

Thanks a lot for your answer.  I go to the link that you write to me and that shows : Your JavaScript is Working.  Then I write a note to save in my document, but after I double click it, it shows : Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Documents and Settings\pc\My Documents\HelloSkype.vbs".  So, what can I do now?  Thanks again!

philipau10
Casual Adventurer
Message 16 of 85 (4,102 Views)

Try this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.

The Command Prompt window should show:

C:\Windows\System32>

If this is not the case, then in the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\system32 and press Enter.

Type the following in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

You should receive a message saying DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

Try now again the vbscript test.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 17 of 85 (4,091 Views)

Sorry for wasting your time.  The message : DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded is shown.  But after I check again with the vbscript test, the following message comes out :

Script :  c:\Documents and settings\pc\My Documents\HelloSkype.vbs

Line    :  1

Char   :  3

Error   :  Invalid Character

Code   :  800A0408

Source  :  Microsoft VBScript compilation error

So ????????  Thanks again.

philipau10
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 85 (4,073 Views)

philipau10 wrote:

Sorry for wasting your time.  The message : DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded is shown.  But after I check again with the vbscript test, the following message comes out :

Script :  c:\Documents and settings\pc\My Documents\HelloSkype.vbs

Line    :  1

Char   :  3

Error   :  Invalid Character

Code   :  800A0408

Source  :  Microsoft VBScript compilation error

So ????????  Thanks again.

This shows that your VBScript is actually working, but you might have just mistyped the command “WScript”. The 3rd character should have been the letter “c”.

Can you now reinstall Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 19 of 85 (4,062 Views)

I'm very sure that every word I typed is corrected.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall for so many times already.  But the result is the same : No windows to sign in.

philipau10
Casual Adventurer
Message 20 of 85 (4,058 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling