Muting a single person

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Muting a single person

I haven't found the possibility to mute 1 person in a single skype call, I have often talked with people that was sitting in the same room a was irritated of hearing each other and it causing problems, please tell me how to do this or if possible make this feature :cool:

Almost every other chat program has a mute user feature, but would rather stay in skype since all my friend are there :bigsmile:

xgg
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (33,273 Views)

Re: Muting a single person

there is no way in a Skype group call to mute only one participant (besides yourself of course)

the reason lies in the way ALL the audio is routed through the PC that is hosting the call and NOT through a central server
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 294
Message 2 of 5 (33,255 Views)

If u dont fix so u can mute a single person i will delete my skype forever , my friend is so anoying on skype or u could delete his skype !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EGOanden
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (31,320 Views)

Dont be a bitch about it,

scottbox360
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (25,201 Views)

This feature already exists and it has been in skype for a long time. This will mute the person. 

You must be the leader of the call.

/setrole [skypename] LISTENER

TheMegalomaniac
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (8,166 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling