Mute someone in Conference at Skype..

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Mute someone in Conference at Skype..

I talk with 2 friends in Skype, one  of them make too much noise, so i want to low his voice so i can hear the other one, or i want to mute him...

how?

why skype have no choose for that?

kr1n0sisback
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 73 (213,703 Views)

Re: Mute someone in Conference at Skype..

Currently, that feature is not available, you can place participants on hold, in conference calls, however when/if you do that, they will not be able to hear the other participants let alone speak with them.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 780
Message 2 of 73 (213,693 Views)

so add this option in skype, is so useless without this..... skype lose users only for that, if this option isnt added at skype, i will use other program too...
kr1n0sisback
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 3 of 73 (213,690 Views)

I agree this really should be addressed. My roomie and I both use Skype and  have mutual friends. I can't hear them as she's across the room, nor can I see who is talking if she's the only one running it. She also does not have a headset. Her mic is really sensitive so even if I'm just talking softly from across the room, I can most definitely hear my echo through her mic in my headset.

sylverwolfie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 73 (213,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

TheUberOverLord wrote:

Currently, that feature is not available, you can place participants on hold, in conference calls, however when/if you do that, they will not be able to hear the other participants let alone speak with them.

the GUI of the Skype client for Windows has never allowed the host of a conference call to put individual participants of that call on hold

only the participant themself can put themself on hold, and that separates themself from the conference call

the host can remove individual participants from the call, but if the host puts himself on hold, then the conference cannot continue, because the other participants will not be able to hear each other due to the key role that the host plays

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 397
Message 5 of 73 (213,670 Views)

Do you know if Skype is working on the muting others feature?

Thanks!
Sue

sueminer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 73 (213,630 Views)

sueminer wrote:

Do you know if Skype is working on the muting others feature?

No, I don't actually, and I'm only guessing by suggesting that we might even see such advanced features in some future premium conferencing tool

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 7 of 73 (213,626 Views)

[ Edited ]

Neil wrote:

TheUberOverLord wrote:

the GUI of the Skype client for Windows has never allowed the host of a conference call to put individual participants of that call on hold

only the participant themself can put themself on hold, and that separates themself from the conference call

the host can remove individual participants from the call, but if the host puts himself on hold, then the conference cannot continue, because the other participants will not be able to hear each other due to the key role that the host plays

Correct, I should have said that I have a utility that can place participants on hold in conference calls ("When you are the host of that conference call"), if those participants called in as inbound calls to join the conference call.

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice for more information on that utility:

saveontelephoneservices.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 780
Message 8 of 73 (213,623 Views)

TheUberOverLord wrote:
Correct, I should have said that I have a utility that can place participants on hold in conference calls ("When you are the host of that conference call"), if those participants called in as inbound calls to join the conference call.

does the API not allow the local mic to be muted?

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 9 of 73 (213,612 Views)

Why not just askthe person who's coming through too loud to change her microphone setting. It's probably on the defauilt "automatic" but if she switches to manual it shoud be possible with a moment's experimentation to get a suitable lower setting so everyone's voice level matches everoen else on the call.  Or maybe he/she couild just move further from their microphone.....  Whichever way, it shoudl be perfectly easy with current features of Skype to have a satisfactory conference call.

StuartHolmes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 73 (213,611 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling