My Skype menu bar is missing. None of the options are available at the top of the page such as Tools and Contacts. I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Any idea how I can restore my menu bar?
Note: These instructions will NOT delete your Skype History or transferred files.
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. Using the Windows file Explore enter:
Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.
6. Please install the beta version using the instructions below:
If you have the normal Skype version installed, please install the beta version, if you have the beta version installed please install the normal version from Skype.com, please do NOT remove the current Skype installation, install over it.
You can install the current release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:
Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal or beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.
These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.
Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufactures?
Have you installed and are you running the Skype program? Logging in to your account on the Skype website won't work. If you run Skype from the shortcut created during installation the Contact list and menu bar should be obvious.
Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
I have the same problem. When I sign in my account window opens, I cannot access my menu window for chats.
What is the version of your currently installed Skype program? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.