McAfee and Skype issues

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

McAfee and Skype issues

I'm a bit puzzled. My skype works fine and tells me it is up to date (I have auto updates on). But the McAfee total protection tells me that there is a skype update needing done that I have to do manually. Can anyone tell me how to stop this apparent clash somewhere in the McAfee protection? Should I take off the auto updates so that I do have to update manually?

JackieMacadam
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)

Re: McAfee and Skype issues

The currently latest Skype version is 6.13.0.104:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.13.0.104.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6961
Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)

Thanks, that seems to have come in ok. Why wasn't it registering beforehand? I did check the update option and it just said I was up to date. I'm keen to not be quite so ignorant in the future.

JackieMacadam
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

The latest 6.13 version is still not the recommended version and therefore does not appear in Check for Updates.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/6-13-Quality-and-stability-improvements/m-p/287...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6961
Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling