MY SKYPE KEEPS CRASHING

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MY SKYPE KEEPS CRASHING

Uh, I can't do anything at all. After sign in, my skype crashes everytime

Cnorris1992
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 46 (32,945 Views)

Re: MY SKYPE KEEPS CRASHING

i can't complete my video call....after a few seconds i can see and hear the other party i called...but my skype will crash..and if i retry to go online will get same symptoms?

can somebody help?

joeyarizona2011
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 46 (32,809 Views)

Yeah, I crash wheever I enter a call. I've tried re-installing it, and everything. Windows will just say "Skype has stopped working"

RedNorth
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 46 (32,533 Views)

same here
cmsd98
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 46 (31,724 Views)

wow me to.. what do i do???? iv tried everything

jamalxxx2pro4u2
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 46 (31,478 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try uninstall your skype first, and then update for the last skype version there's a beta version somewhere here (5.7) take a look and see if it fixes the problem for now...  i recommend u to do the following...

first uninstall it completely then go to your

C: root / program files (x86) or simple program files... and make sure theres no skype folder after the uninstall process. then install a program to clean your registry system entries and maybe fix previously problems. I recommend (Ccleaner) and you can find it at  http://www.piriform.com/go/ccleaner.com  after do these 3 steps.

1 - Uninstall skype

2 - Check the program files/ program files (x86) (skype folder) If "yes" delete the folder

3 - Download the registry cleaner (Ccleaner) http://www.piriform.com/go/ccleaner.com

4 - Run it clean the system

5 - download the beta (Last version 5.7)

6 - Install and Pray!

plimabr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 46 (31,439 Views)

Cnorris1992 wrote:

Uh, I can't do anything at all. After sign in, my skype crashes everytime

Uninstall the current version of Skype, then reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version. See if it helps.

Download Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Delete folder "Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6481
Message 7 of 46 (31,348 Views)

Resetting Skype by deleting that folder helped me... On the downside, it did indeed reset everything, but that's fine, as long as I get it to work again. :bigsmile:
JaykeBird
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 46 (31,311 Views)

JaykeBird wrote:
Resetting Skype by deleting that folder helped me... On the downside, it did indeed reset everything, but that's fine, as long as I get it to work again. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the feedback and Have a Great New Year.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6481
Message 9 of 46 (31,292 Views)

will reseting my skype get rid of my contacts as well?
lucy-gooosy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 46 (31,179 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling