Lost snapshots

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Lost snapshots

Hello, for some reason yesterday when I restarted my computer and logged back into Skype it said that Skype was updating even tho I didn't request an update.  I just realized that all the snapshots I took prior to yesterday have completely disappeared.  Is there any way to retrieve these pictures that span over a few years?  I didn't move, delete, or format anything.

Thanks,

Crystal

ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Your snapshots have not disappeared, but the location of Snapshots Gallery has changed. Your snapshots are still saved in the old location.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/snapshot-galery/m-p/2965736#M238738

It's hilarious that Skype has not informed about this change in the last 6.14 version.

View solution in original post
lilybit2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (1,416 Views)

Re: Lost snapshots

Your snapshots have not disappeared, but the location of Snapshots Gallery has changed. Your snapshots are still saved in the old location.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/snapshot-galery/m-p/2965736#M238738

It's hilarious that Skype has not informed about this change in the last 6.14 version.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6356
Message 2 of 5 (1,406 Views)

Thank you so much!!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how much this means :happy:

lilybit2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (1,396 Views)

Can you please report back which Windows version you are on?

I can't reproduce the problem with the snapshot folder location changing through a Skype for Windows update. I am using Windows 8.1

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12919
Message 4 of 5 (1,154 Views)

Thanks for reporting this issue. This seems to only affect users on Windows version prior Windows 8. We've forwarded this to the product team for investigation. Please use Ruwim's workaround above to manually navigate to the folder on your harddrive containing your older snapshots.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12919
Message 5 of 5 (1,125 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling