Listener mode

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Listener mode

I have a group chat I participate in with a group of friends, and starting over the weekend more often than not I can't post to it. It shows me typing to other users but when I hit 'enter' or the 'submit' icon skype just eats my post.

I talked to the sole moderator - he did not change my status, and double checked that I have a member status. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can see everyone else talking but I can no longer participate. I use skype at work and at home, when this happens both seem to be affected which makes me think it is either a windows issue (I have windows 7 on both computers) or just a skype issue.

Please help.

astralrayn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (3,717 Views)

Re: Listener mode

I would check it yourself to make sure. (on the off chance they -might- be lying. I have avoided telling someone I had set them as LISTENER myself to avoid conflict. And then set them back to USER when it was appropriate.)

type:

/whois your.username

Something like this should appear

member: your.username

role: USER
subscribed: YES
banned: NO
online locations:

If he was lying to you (or his own skype is glitching and shows you as the above), your role will be LISTENER. If he did not set you as that, and sees you as USER, (it might be there is another MASTER who set you as LISTENER) tell him to 

type:

/setrole your.username USER

I know waiting for answers really sucks, so even though you asked this a fracking long time ago, I hope maybe this'll help you now or someone else in the future.

Anywho.

Take care.

xRae-Ven
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (3,654 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling