Link in email signature

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Link in email signature

Currently I show my Skype username in my Outlook email signature but I would like, if possible to make my username into a clickable link that allowed recipients to add me to their Skype contacts.

Similar functionality is available with a Facebook link, though this is a web-app.

Any ideas?

BalhamBoy
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

This seems to work, it prompts the user to allow their web browser/client to allow the action to proceed, but it does work: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a>

Just replace SKYPENAME with yours.

If editing in Word, or similar, the link you want to add is just skype:SKYPENAME?add the above is the actual HTML that makes it work.

CORRECTION: only works in html, but Gmail strips it out by the looks of it, which is disappointing!

View solution in original post
cimbian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 8 (27,260 Views)

Re: Link in email signature

hmm i also want same.

niceanurag
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 8 (26,864 Views)

[ Edited ]

This seems to work, it prompts the user to allow their web browser/client to allow the action to proceed, but it does work: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a>

Just replace SKYPENAME with yours.

If editing in Word, or similar, the link you want to add is just skype:SKYPENAME?add the above is the actual HTML that makes it work.

CORRECTION: only works in html, but Gmail strips it out by the looks of it, which is disappointing!

BalhamBoy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 8 (26,686 Views)

Added this to my Outlook signature and seems to work. Thanks, :happy:
cimbian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 8 (26,679 Views)

LegendWar 3.0

Legendwar
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (14,375 Views)

I cannot make ir work. Already try to place: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a> ; in the outlook signature. I´m using JPG "buttons" to place the link with no sucess. When I place the cursor above the jpg shows the link but it doesn´t open. Can anyone please help.

Thanks =)

marco.lourenco
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 8 (13,603 Views)

When I do this in the "Signatures" area of Outlook 2013, it displays the literal text I have entered.

Is there a way to copy an image I can paste in to the signature file, with the link embedded?

Dan.Ogden01
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (6,822 Views)

I got the same.. and i also entered in that site. I thought of some invitation and it was like sex cam.. well just ignore it.. i think they are just promoting their website..
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
jaegar01
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (3,095 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling