Re: It will NOT let me search for people. :/ , it ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

It will NOT let me search for people. :/ , it constantly says "No Match Found"

I've typed in their Skype name , and it says "No Matches Found" , and I know that can't be right, because I copied their skype name, letter by letter, and looked over it twice... Help please.??

Calisha_H
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (382 Views)

Re: It will NOT let me search for people. :/ , it constantly says "No Match Found"

Is your status on Skype "Online"?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 2 of 6 (379 Views)

Re: It will NOT let me search for people. :/ , it constantly says "No Match Found"

Yeah , still nothing ..

Calisha_H
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (375 Views)

What happens if you search for your own Skype name?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)

if i search for my own skype name it still says no match found
liveffect
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (345 Views)

I can only reproduce this behaviour if the Skype client is set to Offline mode. Is the status icon (the one left of your name) solid green with a white checkmark inside?

You may also try to delete the Temporary Internet Files.

Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> General. In the section “Browsing history” press the “Settings” button and in the next window the “View files” button. Delete all files from the Temporary Internet Files folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 6 (325 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling