It keeps saying im logged in and Im not!!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

It keeps saying im logged in and Im not!!!

I need help. It wont let me sign into my skype!

Please use plain text.
Katieee
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 9 (1,697 Views)

Re: It keeps saying im logged in and Im not!!!

[ Edited ]

Using these keyboard keys all together at the same time:

CTRL ALT DEL

Please click the "Processes" tab, then click the menu item "Image Name" do you see a running Skype.exe process, when you stop the Skype client progam, if so, select it, and click the "End process" button.

If not, please re-boot, what happens?

Please use plain text.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 2 of 9 (1,468 Views)

I did that already :/ I even deleted skype altogether and re installed it.

Please use plain text.
Katieee
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,465 Views)

If i switch users on my computer I can log in. How do I get it to work on my user account! 

Please use plain text.
Katieee
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (1,461 Views)

When you check your processes, and clicked the process tab, do you have the "Show Processes from all users" checkbox checked? Most likely not, if you did and are using the Admin account, you would see another Skype.exe already running.

If you are going to be running at the same time multiple Windows Users that are trying to use Skype ("Note this could cause problems when trying to make/answer mutiple calls at the same time using single audio devices") you need to start ("Every") Skype client program using an extra command line option.

Please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA829/How-can-I-run-two-Skype-accounts-on-the-same-computer

Please use plain text.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 5 of 9 (1,452 Views)

if what you were seeing is the already signed in error, perhaps the suggestions mentioned in the thread below would help;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/Fed-Up-with-Skype/m-p/32390#M2974

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1649
Message 6 of 9 (1,450 Views)

Same here and it still doesn't work for me.

Please use plain text.
zapcraft123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 9 (155 Views)

I am the only using account on my computer, I've done as you've said and i've forced closed my skype and skype.exe and it's still not doing it (you can right click taskbar -> then task manager aswell)

Please use plain text.
zapcraft123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 9 (154 Views)

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and then try to reset all Skype settings.

Go to Windows Start  (Win key +R) and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10/6.11/6.13/6.14/6.16 version, then do also this:

Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.

Reboot in normal mode and restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6379
Message 9 of 9 (152 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling