Installed 188.8.131.52 on Windows XP service pack 3 and now the in call dial pad is not working anymore. I am not able to use the dial pad while in a call - for example, to enter an ID for a conference call. This happens regardless of using the on screen key pad or computer key pad. I am using headphone so there is no issue with mic or speakers and this was working fine on the same computer before so something must be broken in the recent Skype upgrade. I have seen many others complaining about the same issue and I believe we all deserve a response from Skype support - many of us are paying customers so please respond.
I installed Skype again from the link below and now its working fine there is no need to mute the mic or anything.
The version from the link I posted earlier is 184.108.40.206 and this version has no issues with the dialpad I tried it several times and in all cases it works fine. Here is the link in case you need it:
24-02-2012 19:46 - edited 24-02-2012 19:47
this is an issue again. As the gentleman from a few hours before me said. It's happening again. Please get this fixed for give me some help to fix it!
I had the same problem.
1) Call the required phone number.
2) Once you hear the phone ringing in the other side, click on Call on the top of the page, then the Show Dial Pad becomes active. Once you click on it the Dial Pad will pop-up.
It worked for me.
Just see if you have the same problem
I had the same issue on windows 7, it displays the dial pad but when i enter any number on the keyboad it doesnt recognises..
I followed below steps to resolve this issue.
1. Shutdown your skype.. right click on skype icon on task bar and select Quit Skype
2. Goto your local data Ex: c:\Users\<user>/appdata/roaming/skype
3. Removed all the folders. (this may loose your personal settings but didtn have any option)
4. Now restart the skype..
It worked for me..not sure whether works on all the platforms..