I cannot hear the other person

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When I call someone on Skype, they can hear me but I cannot hear them.  I checked my speakers and they are connected properly.  I can hear with other programs like Yahoo Messenger but not with Skype. I have been using Skype for over a year and could hear very well on both ends.  I don't know why this has happened lately.  I reformatted my whole computer to factory new.  Skype was working great that they could hear me and I could hear them.  But then I lost my sound on the other end again.  My question is, could my computer have a virus or could I be hacked.

susanandrade7
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (1,845 Views)

Re: I cannot hear the other person

What seetings do you see for Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6959
Message 2 of 7 (1,830 Views)

I am new to skype having never used it before. I recently installed it and t seems to work good, I just cannot hear the person on the other end. She can hear and see me with no problems but I cannot hear her. I've checked all my settings and all are good but for some reason I cannot hear her. Can you help me with this?

brendagaskill3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (1,697 Views)

I am having problems with my sound I cannot hear when some one rings  me only see it on screen when I skype some one i cannot hear them an d the sanme if I ring I cannot hear ANY RING SOUND OR WHEN THEY ANSWER THE PHONE.hAVE CHECKED ALL SETTTING EVEN DOWN LOADED SKYPE TWICE help.

dick66
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 7 (1,678 Views)

I have tried the sound test but cannot hear anything,tried other test and my microphone is working and sound is up,cannot hear other person.They can hear me.

flamenca19
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (566 Views)

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Audio settings. What device do you see selected there as your Speakers? Is there more than one option available in the selection box? Can you hear any sound when you press the the test button next to this box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6959
Message 6 of 7 (557 Views)

cannot hear the other person

marge.secord
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (220 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling