I can't play games and skype at the same time with...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I can't play games and skype at the same time with headphones?

So my friends and I play PC games a lot and use Skype to talk. I can't use my old wireless headset anymore because my brother needs it for PS3. I now use Beats Studios by Dr. Dre, the thing is now whenever I am over Skype with them all other volumes, such as games (Even Youtube and other internet sounds) play out loud instead of through the headset. I've tried multiple things but nothing seems to work, can someone please help me?

P.S. I have beats audio on my computer, which I just finished uninstalling, but it still doesn't work.

KrazyStew
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (651 Views)

Re: I can't play games and skype at the same time with headphones?

If you can hear your friends from the headset but all the other sounds for speakers. That probably means you have your headset as your default communication device and the speakers as your default device. What you have to do to hear all the sounds from headset, is to change your headset to be your default device.

Right-click speaker icon on your computers right-down-corner next to where time is shown and select playback devices. You should see list that has both your headset and your speakers. Right-click your headsets name and select "default device".  

Alluusio
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: I can't play games and skype at the same time with headphones?

I have tried that and I still have the same result...

Drewkellett
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling