I can't log in into Skype from my computer!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

I can't log in into Skype from my computer!!

I've been having some problems with my computer lately, and now Skype is having problems :sad:

I want to log in, because it is urgent to have a chat via Skype, but I can't! I start up the program, then put my correct username and password, but when I press enter, it doesn't log in, then I click on the "Sign me in" button, but it doesn't respond. The complete screen, except for the text boxes, are like frozen :sad:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, but with no success. I've ran all scans with my antivirus and anti-malware programs, restarted my computer, but nothing, I can't log in...

Please, help me :sad:

It is urgent I log in from my own computer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Autherius wrote:

Thanks, g4pilut. But I've downloaded the Skype Beta, and when I open it, the window only shows the background: the clouds, the star, the green rainbow and the blue sky, but there is no option to log in, to enter my username... And it is really urgent that I log in.

Is there any way to contact Skype Support? I didn't manage to find it.

Thanks again.

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript. The new login screen, introduced with Skype 5.5 version, is not working on computers where Internet Explorer and javaScript are not functioning properly. This procedure will enable the old login screen, which does not require Internet Explorer:

Quit Skype. Make sure that you don’t see any Skype.exe processes in Windows Task Manager. If necessary, then stop these processes. Open C:\Program Files\ folder. If you have 64-bit Windows then it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder. Find the Skype folder and then Phone. Right click on the Skype.exe file and select: Send to – Desktop (create shortcut). Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties and then the Shortcut tab. In the Target field you will see now: "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" (or with (x86) if you are on 64-bit Windows). Click with your mouse on the text in the Target field and move your curser one space after the last quotation sign and add the text /legacylogin. The text in the Target field should now read:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /legacylogin

Click OK to save the changes. Start Skype using this new shortcut. Can you now login to Skype?

Note, that this is a temporary solution only, because some other options, as e.g. Add a contact, may still not be working in Skype.

View solution in original post
Autherius
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 21 (69,928 Views)

Re: I can't log in into Skype from my computer!!

Try installing the current beta version of Skype, 5.7.0.123.  You can get the installer here:

www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 21 (69,729 Views)

Thanks, g4pilut. But I've downloaded the Skype Beta, and when I open it, the window only shows the background: the clouds, the star, the green rainbow and the blue sky, but there is no option to log in, to enter my username... And it is really urgent that I log in.

Thanks again.

Autherius
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 21 (69,717 Views)

Autherius wrote:

Thanks again.

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript. The new login screen, introduced with Skype 5.5 version, is not working on computers where Internet Explorer and javaScript are not functioning properly. This procedure will enable the old login screen, which does not require Internet Explorer:

Quit Skype. Make sure that you don’t see any Skype.exe processes in Windows Task Manager. If necessary, then stop these processes. Open C:\Program Files\ folder. If you have 64-bit Windows then it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder. Find the Skype folder and then Phone. Right click on the Skype.exe file and select: Send to – Desktop (create shortcut). Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties and then the Shortcut tab. In the Target field you will see now: "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" (or with (x86) if you are on 64-bit Windows). Click with your mouse on the text in the Target field and move your curser one space after the last quotation sign and add the text /legacylogin. The text in the Target field should now read:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /legacylogin

Click OK to save the changes. Start Skype using this new shortcut. Can you now login to Skype?

Note, that this is a temporary solution only, because some other options, as e.g. Add a contact, may still not be working in Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6308
Message 4 of 21 (69,709 Views)

[ Edited ]

Autherius wrote:

Thanks again.

Please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such activities;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Index-of-file-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login-Solution/m-p/4243...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6070
Message 5 of 21 (69,699 Views)

Thank you both, Tamim and Ruwim. I've tried both.

I've tried that you said, Tamim, but Windows says that that direction isn't valid :sad:

Ruwim, I tried yours, with little success. Everything worked fine, after changing the url, and clicking on the icon, Skype began logging me in, and it logged me in succesfully. But when I double clicked the icon for it to launch the program, its performance is really, really low.I can see my contacts now, but to begin a conversation, to see another conversation or anything else, it delays an eternity. I hope this is temporary.

Thanks a lot both of you.

Autherius
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 21 (69,684 Views)

Autherius wrote:

Thank you both, Tamim and Ruwim. I've tried both.

I've tried that you said, Tamim, but Windows says that that direction isn't valid :sad:

Ruwim, I tried yours, with little success. Everything worked fine, after changing the url, and clicking on the icon, Skype began logging me in, and it logged me in succesfully. But when I double clicked the icon for it to launch the program, its performance is really, really low.I can see my contacts now, but to begin a conversation, to see another conversation or anything else, it delays an eternity. I hope this is temporary.

Thanks a lot both of you.

It’s important to note that any solution, whether it is the one based on renaming the login folder or the one with the /legacylogin switch, is only a temporary solution. Eventually you will need to ensure that you have a working Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

The slow performance, which you are now experiencing, might be related to some totally different. Skype settings might be corrupted or the settings folder may still contain some temporary and lock files. In order to verify this, try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type %appdata%, press Enter. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6308
Message 7 of 21 (69,675 Views)

yes!! :happy: great!! thank you

eondeee
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 21 (69,286 Views)

I have unistalled, and re installed four times. When I try to log in it says skype

can't find my internet connection. My isp and my email are working just fine.

This is very frustrating.

zia
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 21 (69,169 Views)

I do have another account on skype and that one I can log into, it is the second one that I opened yesterday that I can't. I can call to it but there is nowhere to answer> please help!!!!
helengibbsmonte
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 21 (67,545 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling