I can't create a skype account.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I can't create a skype account.

i am trying to create a skype account for someone, and when i try to do it on the website, it tells me to do it in the program, and when i try to do it in the program, it redirects me to the website. how do i create a skype account?
poshgamer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (8,540 Views)

Re: I can't create a skype account.

On the Skype menu bar click on  on Skype >  Sign Out.  Then click on the link "Create a new account" and follow the prompts.

createaccount.jpg

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1907
Message 2 of 8 (8,396 Views)

as i said, when i try to do it this way, it redirects me to the website, which tells me to do it in the program. it just loops me and won't let me create an account.
poshgamer
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (8,371 Views)

How about the webpage at this link:

http://tinyurl.com/2uu9oeo

Can you complete that and thus create a new account?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1907
Message 4 of 8 (8,367 Views)

Why does everyone answer this so repetitvely..  it's a loop ppl..  everywhere you try to create a new account from sends you to the same webpage that has the same problem..  This is frustrating for me and my wife..  we would like to use skype mobile however from her iphone the app doesn't even offer the option to create an account and then this freegin loop..    FIX IT SKYPE..

AJ_Zachman
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (8,035 Views)

you can try to reset your browser, or use another web browser to create an account. 

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 256
Message 6 of 8 (8,030 Views)

I think I stumbled across the problem this afternoon. There ARE TWO SKYPE sites, one is skype.com, the other skype.net. I tried repeatedly to create an account at the .com site. Not only did the site simply not work, it never indicated there was a second site. Try it, and reply if this works for you~!

acappella11
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (4,029 Views)

I'm almost certain I have the correct answer, which is actually simple. There's two Skype sites, one at www.skype.com, and the WORKING Edition at www.skype.net. I couldn't create an account at the .com site; but the .net site worked. The .com site didn't provide a link, an answer or even so much as an error message.

Please let me know if this helps!!

acappella11
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (4,025 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling