How to record Skype video calls on windows PC?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: How to record Skype video calls on windows PC?

Just got a notice that my current recording app will not be usable after Dec. 2013. The available apps that are recommended all need to be purchased after trial. I use my skype recording frequently for my work and am looking for a free audio recorder/video recorder that will be usable after Dec. 2013.

FREE is the key word. Any suggestions?

mountaingrrl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 61 of 72 (3,389 Views)

TechSmith Camtasia is an excellent program, albeit a bit expensive, for Windows 7 recording of Skype calls when sharing a desktop.  But there's a trick for audio, to get full-duplex mode (so you can hear yourself and your caller) that you need to know that took me a while to figure out.  The trick is, in Camtasia, to select "record system audio" checkbox in the audio settings drop down box.  Once you do that, everything works fine.

The Camtasia program is for people who want to share desktops in a Skype call, such as one party going through a document with another party, or a Powerpoint presentation, and have the session recorded.

Register10.23.
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 62 of 72 (3,258 Views)

for a free audio recorder that works well in Skype, try "Total Recorder", unregistered.  It is free but the program will introduce a somewhat annoying noise every one minute into the recording, that cannot be heard by either party except on playback of the recording.  But after a while you will get used to the annoying noise and it's not that big a nuisance. 

For a free video recorder--I don't know of any, but the Camtasia program, if you do what I suggest in this thread, works great and is a powerful tool for recording of video desktop sharing between two parties that use Skype.  BTW, in this link you can read how you can record, for free, a single party making a video on Skype (but only for a single party, not two parties back and forth):  https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12283/how-do-i-send-and-receive-video-messages-in-skype-for-windo...

Register10.23.
Novel Adventurer
Message 63 of 72 (3,256 Views)

Apparently Evear will stop functioning with the new Skype in December 2013. So, the obvioius question will be, whats the best option for recording a Skype call (video and audio) after that date. We use it for bringing in visiting speakers for educational purposes and would like to archive the recordings.

JW99
Novel Tourist
Message 64 of 72 (2,982 Views)

[ Edited ]

JW99 wrote:

Apparently Evear will stop functioning with the new Skype in December 2013. So, the obvioius question will be, whats the best option for recording a Skype call (video and audio) after that date. We use it for bringing in visiting speakers for educational purposes and would like to archive the recordings.

To my knowledge, Evaer has made it not depend on Desktop API , so you can continue to record Skype audio & video calls,  save Skype video message and Skype voicemail as well as before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rzlines
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 67
Message 65 of 72 (2,971 Views)

Pamela will stop working with Skype as of this Sunday.
Posted from Apple iPad
Shavedhairy
Novel Tourist
Message 66 of 72 (2,754 Views)

how to install the video recorder for video calls in skype?

99nelson
Novel Tourist
Message 67 of 72 (2,447 Views)

ask the CIA for a copy!

Spoiler
:bigsmile:
erniejames
Novel Tourist
Message 68 of 72 (2,036 Views)

anyone have any experience with this FREE Video Call Recording software?

Is it safe? Is it good?

Free Video Call Recorder for Skype contains no spyware or adware whatsoever. It's 100% free and absolutely safe to install and run. It's free both for personal and commercial use.

pete711
Novel Tourist
Message 69 of 72 (1,408 Views)

Hi Pamela is giving me ecco and it is not satisfactory. I do need better quality sound. 

tatjanamedvedev
Casual Tourist
Message 70 of 72 (532 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling