How to record Skype video calls on windows PC?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to record Skype video calls on windows PC?

hiiii
prakruthi28
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 73 (7,591 Views)

if  account  was  set  up in  two  names  is  it  possible  for  first  party  to  record  conversations on  skype  from  diff  computer

may6
Novel Tourist
Message 32 of 73 (6,318 Views)

I have just tried a few options and the best free version of any software is [invalid URL] it works well :happy: Don't forget to tell the person that you are recording.
kevinmoyse
Casual Tourist
Message 33 of 73 (5,247 Views)

I am just curious if it is possible to be known at the other end if your video is being recorded by the person with whom you are chatting? are both parties asked for permission to record?

malikshehriyar
Novel Tourist
Message 34 of 73 (5,098 Views)

No...there's no way to know if the person at the other end of a call is recording the call, and there is no requirement for them to tell you they're recording, or ask for your permission to do so.

My personal take is if you don't want to be recorded, and you don't trust someone not to record you, don't have a video call with them.  :wink:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 903
Message 35 of 73 (5,091 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thats a nice one.

">

adi0x90
Novel Tourist
Message 36 of 73 (5,088 Views)

[ Edited ]

[invalid URL] Found this and pretty work for me

andyndmandy
Novel Adventurer
Message 37 of 73 (5,073 Views)

PhilipSnow wrote:

Is this an official skype support service?  or just a users' forum?  I'm not feeling it's very helpful so far.

I really want to know what has happened to Supertintin which was working quite adequately up to a month of so ago.

Then, when I started using it again, it wasn't recording properly at all.  So I updated it.  Then I found that the audio and video were out-of-sunch.  It was recording as .mpeg4 instead of .avi as previously.  I think that's the reason why it's not working properly, i.e. out-of-synch.  Can someone tell me whather this is the problem? 

I'm still waiting for a reply from Supertintin support, no reply after nearly two weeks - or is it three.

I've tried Evaer in the meantime, but I find the same out-of-synch problem whether recording in .avi or .mpeg4.

The older version of Supertintin indeed save calls and video calls in .avi format.  However, the newer versions now record calls in .mp3 and video calls .mp4 format, but I don't think the change in the recording format caused the problem. 

First,I would suggest that you fully uninstall other recorders in your system as having multiple recording Apps may cause issues in the performance of your recorders.  Then install the latest version of Supertintin from their site or from the Skype Apps Directory (I think they have released a newer update again a few weeks ago), and of course the latest version of Skype.

It may also be advisable to check for possible updates for the device drivers you are using (especially graphics/video and audio drivers).  You can check the corresponding manufacturing sites to see if there are newer versions of your computer's device drivers.

Furthermore, sometimes their support team's response are longer than usual (just like any other customer service teams).  I think you can send them a follow up email if the suggestions above don't work.

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 437
Message 38 of 73 (4,658 Views)

I don't know why you're all satisfied with these programs. They only work for Skype alone, and are not very good.

Try out FRAPS (I think its around $37 USD), it works for ANY video applicaiton including video games, Skype, Media Players, and other stuff. Way better deal.

www.fraps.com

md619
Novel Tourist
Message 39 of 73 (4,622 Views)

do you have a primer on using camtasia to record skype video calls? I want to do an interview.

emaij
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 73 (4,364 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling