Re: How to record Skype video calls on windows PC?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

This sounds good enough. Please explain - does this allow me to make a video recording of me at my end? As in pre-send, or out-going call? Or does it only work to record an incoming call?

I notice these people are offering a webcam? Do I need to buy theirs or can I use my in-built webcam on my pc?

I am especially wanting to record my power point presentation to send out to others.

Ta much

Please use plain text.
ratty
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 77 (32,512 Views)

screen capture programs record everything visible on your desktop with all its changes during the period which is recorded. This may include a powerpoint window, the skype main window and a skype connection window with video.

Camtasia makes an additional recording of your webcam input. There is a 30 days trial available, which will demonstrate its capacities better than many words

http://www.techsmith.com/Download/Camtasia/Default.asp

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
Please use plain text.
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 634
Message 12 of 77 (32,496 Views)

Please use plain text.
kh1992kh
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 13 of 77 (32,196 Views)

healthtrak wrote:

I have just finished trying all of the recorders. Warning: They ALL have bugs. I won't go into all the details, but I do have all the latest drivers and am using a normal installation.

SKYPE video CANNOT be recorded with current apps without errors (applies to Vodburner, RinTinTin and the other two. Disgusting.

I am, as well as large number of podcasters, online teachers, students, interviewers, proffesionals, and average joes, etc, etc... can record Skype calls and video calls using Vodburner, Supertintin, and other Skype recorders available in the Skype application directory (http://shop.skype.com/apps/Call-recording-audio-video/index.html).  

Though I've also seen some bugs or problems with some recorders (just like in almost any computer programs around - even Skype itself may have some bugs), such can be usually easily fixed by adjusting certain settings or updating certain components in a users' computer.

So if a user encounter any problems or issues using a certain Skype recording software, they can simply contact the relevant support department of the recorder they are using to seek for advice or assistance.

Please use plain text.
VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 14 of 77 (32,050 Views)

i was on a video call and on the screen i saw it as "this video is being uploaded to some link". what does that mean? does skype uploads customers personal video calls?

Please use plain text.
sv1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 15 of 77 (31,880 Views)

Camtica records skype video calls

Please use plain text.
JimNager
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 16 of 77 (31,819 Views)

Please use plain text.
JimNager
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 17 of 77 (31,818 Views)

JimNager wrote:

This one can't record Skype "video" calls, as this post was also inappropriateply posted in other unrelated or incorrect threads, it seems that the user posted this could already be just spamming. 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1648
Message 18 of 77 (31,731 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also met this problem at first. There is not a built-in selusion in skype.
You can try to install a convinient Skype recorder. I use AthTek Skype Recorder, and I think it's very powerful. You can google it.
Hope my answer helps.

Please use plain text.
pubingjing
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 19 of 77 (31,689 Views)

pubingjing wrote:

I also met this problem at first. There is not a built-in selusion in skype.
You can try to install a convinient Skype recorder. I use AthTek Skype Recorder, and I think it's very powerful. You can google it.
Hope my answer helps.

Thank you for sharing, but based from their website, AthTek can only record audio calls, not video calls.  

Please use plain text.
VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 20 of 77 (31,652 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling