How to increase font size in contact list

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How to increase font size in contact list

[ Edited ]

Please help!! How can I increase the font of my Contact List...my mother has difficulty seeing the names....the font is tooo small...please help.

dianaoct57
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 1 of 58 (20,841 Views)

Re: Welcome to the Skype Support Network

how can i get more emotcons
carla_swan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 58 (19,330 Views)

Re: Welcome to the Skype Support Network

Do a search using the search engine of your choice using the following:

Skype hidden emotcons

There currenty are no methods to add your own emotcons.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 819
Message 3 of 58 (19,326 Views)

Re: How to increase font size in contact list

dianaoct57 wrote:

How can I increase the font of my Contact List

currently there is no way to do this, sorry

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 425
Message 4 of 58 (19,278 Views)

I have the same problem.  All the Skype fonts are too small to read. Skype fonts are one third the height of my Windows 7 system fonts.  I am using the latest version of Skype and Windows 7. Display resolution is 1900x1200 using large Windows system fonts. Hey Skype technical support, you need to fix this. As is, your application is un-usable.

collinar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 5 of 58 (19,263 Views)

[ Edited ]

In your case and your case only.

1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.

2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.

3. Using Windows File Explorer do:

%appdata%\skype

If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.

4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.

5. Using the Windows file Explore enter:

%programfiles%

Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.

6. Please install the beta version using the instructions below:

If you have the normal Skype version installed, please install the beta version, if you have the beta version installed please install the normal version from Skype.com, please do NOT remove the current Skype installation, install over it.

You can install the current release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal or beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

This should get fonts back to normal.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 819
Message 6 of 58 (19,259 Views)

collinar wrote:

I have the same problem.  All the Skype fonts are too small to read. Skype fonts are one third the height of my Windows 7 system fonts.  I am using the latest version of Skype and Windows 7. Display resolution is 1900x1200 using large Windows system fonts. Hey Skype technical support, you need to fix this. As is, your application is un-usable.

Both in the current 5.3 version and the 5.5Beta the size of the font in the contact list remains the same regardless of the size of the system font in Windows. Only font in the menu items scales with the system font.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6605
Message 7 of 58 (19,255 Views)

Hi want to add my voice to this problem.

It seems that the font size in the skype contact window is actually shrinking.

Have windows fonts to 150% but Skype seems to fluctuate depending on reboots although I am sure it was fine this morning and I havent re-booted my machine.

Windows 7 64 Bit.

Skype 5.3.120

Display resolution 1920*1080  LCD TV 

Regards and Please fix soon..  or soooner..   

G

Iamg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 58 (19,180 Views)

Same font issue as the above, however this is a new problem for me. Everything was fine until a day or two ago. What happened? I believe I had some updates done around the same as the font shrinkage. Could they be related?

canadianisme2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 58 (19,109 Views)

it worked in 3.8 - is there noone on this list who has any clout with skype and cares to ask them to fix it? Otherwise we can just sit here and cry on each other's shoulders, and so what?

lifejens
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 58 (18,990 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling