Re: How to exit Skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How to exit Skype?

Hi,

Skype stays in my taskbar even when I sign out, even when I right-click on the item and select close window. How do I exit skype altogether, without having to restart my computer or kill the application in task manager?

Graphix72
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 12 (15,879 Views)

Hi,

If you don't want that Skype will run in the background and completely sign out, then from the main menu (located in the top of your Skype window) choose Skype --> Sign Out

This will sign you out from Skype.

----------------------------
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
peepk
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 32
Message 2 of 12 (15,717 Views)

Dear,

You can right-click on the Skype icon on the notification area on the Windows taskbar and select Quit to exit Skype.

sherlock84
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 12 (15,715 Views)

Thank you For Your Info Honey

carmellabanker
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (15,709 Views)

Please visit the link below to see the available Quit option in the recent Skype versions.

Ways to Quit Skype

:happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 255
Message 5 of 12 (15,706 Views)

This doesn't seem to work for me - I am using Windows 7 and there is no "quit" option when I right-click. Any other solutions?

tomzach
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 12 (15,488 Views)

Why doesn't skype offer a option to completely exit the program if you close the window?

Like on AIM

aquacash5
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (15,040 Views)

That works. Thanks.
gymchair
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 12 (13,536 Views)

How to exit Skype?

Hi,I cannot get out of skype even though I press the Skype tab and click Quit it won't work!

Please help me.:wink:

karara125
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 12 (10,561 Views)

Try Below:

In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.

upnp.PNG

Restart your computer and try again.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8194
Message 10 of 12 (10,557 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling