How to change language back to English

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

How to change language back to English

My language is English.

I couldn't find any instructions/option to send a file via Skype (PS - How is this done?).

I wondered if I could just Copy/past an Excel file into the Skype messenger window.

THe file did not appear, but it changed my language to a hieroglyphic.

How do I get English back as my Language?

Do I have to uninstall/reinstall?

I cannot read any of the dropdowns - they are all in the strange language - so please provide very specific instructions.

Accepted Solution

by g4pilut

On the Skype menu bar, click on the second-from-the-right item.  Then the second from the top entry on the menu that comes up.  Then the 10th from the top entry on the next menu that comes up. 

language.jpg

To send a file, click on the contact you want to send it to, then the + at the top of the main window, then send file.  Navigate to the location of the file you want to send and click Open.

View solution in original post
rickey731
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 39
Message 1 of 12 (63,021 Views)

Re: How to change language back to English

PS - one more question - Where are my Skype Messenger (using Skype as an instant Chat) conversations stored?

rickey731
Reliable Adventurer
Message 2 of 12 (62,842 Views)

[ Edited ]

On the Skype menu bar, click on the second-from-the-right item.  Then the second from the top entry on the menu that comes up.  Then the 10th from the top entry on the next menu that comes up. 

language.jpg

To send a file, click on the contact you want to send it to, then the + at the top of the main window, then send file.  Navigate to the location of the file you want to send and click Open.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1894
Message 3 of 12 (62,840 Views)

Perfect instructions.

Thank you. Well done.

rickey731
Reliable Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (62,836 Views)

English not arabic
venka575
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 12 (62,654 Views)

Thank you Dear

Theadvantech.com

0 Kudos
carmellabanker
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 12 (62,646 Views)

i can't change my skype lange back to english. someone changed my skype language on me, but i don't know how to change it back to english. i can't read or understand the language it's in. please help me/
mrslisah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 12 (61,001 Views)

mrslisah wrote:
i can't change my skype lange back to english. someone changed my skype language on me, but i don't know how to change it back to english. i can't read or understand the language it's in. please help me/

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/How-to-change-language-back-to-English/m-p/209732#M20370

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7359
Message 8 of 12 (60,998 Views)

I have my skype menu in hyeroglyphics / i  think it's in another language, so i do not know how to select the right menu to get it back to english??

As all the top menu bar is in characters I do not know which to go through?

julianblanco45
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 12 (59,860 Views)

I spent hours trying to guess what the foreign language said so I could change the language back to English.  These instructions were perfect - I wish I had looked here first. Live and learn.  Thanks much for your help.

bdreese1941
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 12 (58,594 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling