How to Sign Out?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How to Sign Out?

Hey,

I need some help. When I open up my skype from my computer the log in menu comes up. As I try to log in it comes back and says that "I am already logged in on this computer. Sign out and sign back out." Please help me fast. ASAP

bennett81aj
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 17 (26,455 Views)

Re: How to Sign Out?

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6458
Message 2 of 17 (26,309 Views)

bennett81aj wrote:

Hey,

I need some help. When I open up my skype from my computer the log in menu comes up. As I try to log in it comes back and says that "I am already logged in on this computer. Sign out and sign back out." Please help me fast. ASAP

jerry_ortencio
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 17 (25,673 Views)

jerry_ortencio wrote:

bennett81aj wrote:

Hey,

jerry_ortencio
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 17 (25,672 Views)

hey                                                                                                                                            i    i need some help.when i open my skype from my computer in log in menu comes up.as i try log in its come back and says that   "I am already logged in on this computer.sign out and and sing back out" please help me fast.                                                                                                                   

nimrah_rajput
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 17 (24,230 Views)

please help me fast
nimrah_rajput
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 17 (24,229 Views)

nimrah_rajput wrote:

hey                                                                                                                                            i    i need some help.when i open my skype from my computer in log in menu comes up.as i try log in its come back and says that   "I am already logged in on this computer.sign out and and sing back out" please help me fast.                                                                                                                   

*lights cigarette*

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

4. Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6864
Message 7 of 17 (24,227 Views)

I have same like you. I need help please
nyjjlouie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 17 (23,875 Views)

nyjjlouie wrote:
I have same like you. I need help please

What is your issue? Have you received any error code / message?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6864
Message 9 of 17 (23,854 Views)

I need some help. when I log in it comes back and says that I am already logged in on this computer sing out first please help
huzaifa123190
Reliable Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (17,409 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling