How to Change Skype Language

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Change Skype Language

[ Edited ]

version used: Skype 5.5.0.112

date last updated: 7/28/2011

Changing the language of the Skype client is as simple as clicking Tools >> Change Language >> then selecting the preferred language.

However, changing the the Skype language back to English (or the language preferred) could be a bit difficult, especially if you are facing a user-interface with a language you are not familiar with.

Basically, I think that the positions and locations of the menu options are the same regardless of the language selected or activated.  You can use the screenshot below as a reference if for some reason your Skype client suddenly changed its language to an unfamiliar one, and you want to revert it back to English.

change language.png

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1500
Message 1 of 15 (5,087 Views)

Re: How to Change Skype Language

Thanks - I had this problem too and it fixed it!

rememeyer
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 15 (4,710 Views)

i can't understand the language of arabic that i changed it to and i don't have the help tabs on the top anymore, meaning the tools tab. 

melissamarando
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 15 (3,931 Views)

melissamarando wrote:

i can't understand the language of arabic that i changed it to and i don't have the help tabs on the top anymore, meaning the tools tab. 

Are you on Windows or Mac?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5975
Message 4 of 15 (3,925 Views)

Re: How to Change Skype Language on iMac

this  is  no  valid  anymore !!!

There  is  no  TOOLS in  the   newest  vesrion  of  skype.

How  can  I  change  the  language  now?

ramoon_2000
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 15 (3,323 Views)

Primemover wrote:

version used: Skype 5.5.0.112

date last updated: 7/28/2011

Changing the language of the Skype client is as simple as clicking Tools >> Change Language >> then selecting the preferred language.

However, changing the the Skype language back to English (or the language preferred) could be a bit difficult, especially if you are facing a user-interface with a language you are not familiar with.

Basically, I think that the positions and locations of the menu options are the same regardless of the language selected or activated.  You can use the screenshot below as a reference if for some reason your Skype client suddenly changed its language to an unfamiliar one, and you want to revert it back to English.

change language.png

komiljon79
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 15 (3,214 Views)

I  have accidentally changed my English language into ARABIC.    Now I have lost all my tabs, and my account is in Arabic. Canyou please tell me How to revert back to the English language setting.

Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 15 (3,123 Views)

did u get the answer? I have the same problem!!!!
x_y
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (1,902 Views)

[ Edited ]

Use this screen grab of the tools bars in Arabic to click your way through resetting to English.  Click the second from the left; the second from the top, then the English choice on the menu that comes up:

change language arabic.jpg

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 9 of 15 (1,880 Views)

he, u really seem not to check the problem! As ramoon_2000 wrote - & I have NOT the "arabic" problem but this:

"this  is  no  valid  anymore !!!

There  is  no  TOOLS in  the   newest  vesrion  of  skype.

How  can  I  change  the  language  now?"

We have MAC by the way

x_y
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 15 (1,872 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling