How many MB does video calls by skype consume per ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How many MB does video calls by skype consume per minute?

Hi,

We have a limited mobile broadband at home (max 10 GB/mon.) which means that when 10 GB of data transfer has been used we have to pay extra to continue using the Internet.

We wonder now how many MB a video call in Skype really consumes per minute? Or is there a way to see the download/upload amount of data per call?

Thanks,

Dijam

Sweden

dijam2005
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (37,044 Views)

Re: How many MB does video calls by skype consume per minute?

When you are on a video call with someone, go to Call -> Call Technical Info. You will see there the actual download/upload speed in kB/s. The values may vary a lot depending on the quality of the connection, webcam and available CPU speed on both sides of the connection.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6513
Message 2 of 5 (37,036 Views)

Hi
I have a limit of 3GB Data 3G on my Laptop monthly and I’m using Skype video call, after using 5 hours I have reached my maximum of 3GB. I just want to know how many MB does video calls by skype consume per 1 hour
njsharifi
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (34,465 Views)

skype video calls take up 600MB an hour

thespeedtapper4
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 5 (25,338 Views)

Grade 2 mathemetics

raseen1978
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (23,085 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling