How do you Skype Screenshot?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do you Skype Screenshot?

With the new update today. How can you screenshot on skype anymore?

astros39
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (23,842 Views)

Re: How do you Skype Screenshot?

[ Edited ]

Click on the + on the toolbar at the bottom of the Skype window when you roll your mouse over it. That will bring up a menu with a Take snapshot option.

snapshot.jpg

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 10 (23,718 Views)

I can only take a Skype video screenshot by using the Call menu... call/video/video snapshot. It involves a lot of mouse manipulation and by the time i take the shot the image has changed. Also, the windows open over the video image so it bcomes a lottery as to what I actually capture. I remember there was once a single dedicated button. I do not get the snapshot option when I roll over and click the + at the bottom of the Skype window.

Major_Influence
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 10 (23,647 Views)

What version of Skype are you running?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number.

In any case, I agree 100% with you that it takes too long and too many steps to take a snapshot now.   There's a thread going in the Skype developer's Jira forum about this problem.  Feel free to add a comment there if you want to:

https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCW-3248

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 10 (23,645 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion to go to https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCW-3248

I have version 5.8.0.158

Thanks for your help.

Major_Influence
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 10 (23,633 Views)

Well....I can't understand why you wouldn't get the same menu items I showed in the screen grab I posted earlier in this thread.  It was taken with v5.8.0.158.

In any case, I hope that when version 5.9 comes along it will finally bring back a shortcut to taking a snapshot.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 10 (23,626 Views)

You don't need Skype to help you screenshot--just press the printscreen button on your keyboard, then open Paint and type v while holding down the control key. That way, you get the image you are seeing at that moment, no messing around with the mouse.

mom22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 10 (3,394 Views)

Just an FYI.  Assigning a hotkey would also allow you to take a rather rapid screenshot of just the video and save you some steps.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12030

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1486
Message 8 of 10 (3,390 Views)

:(y):

ronaldsanjose
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 10 (2,437 Views)

Having no idea on which operating system you are currently using, anyway, you can discover solutions to take screenshots on Skype in this detailed guides, it provides detailed steps to snapshot Skype on multiple platforms.

KristyAnny6
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 10 (1,641 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling