How do I know if someone who is on "Invisible Mode...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do I know if someone who is on "Invisible Mode" on Skype gets my messages?

[ Edited ]

I sent a message to someone on "Invisible Mode" on Skype but how will I know if they actually have read it?

14de12
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (30,179 Views)

Re: How do I know if someone who is on "Invisible Mode" on Skype gets my messages?

If you send a message to an 'Invisible' person on Skype, the ring will appear next to the message for a while when it sends, but then it'll disappear when the person receives it. If you try sending a message to a person 'Offline', the ring will be there until the person signs in.
Unfortunately at the moment, Skype doesn't notify you when someone reads the message, but it'd be a good idea for Skype to include that!

Hope I helped :happy:
Posted from Apple iPad
Fire4564
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 6 (30,155 Views)

Re: How do I know if someone who is on "Invisible Mode" on Skype gets my messages?

in other words, there is a way to know if the message has been delivered, but there's no way to know if the other party have seen/read the message.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 396
Message 3 of 6 (30,133 Views)

is this 'ring' thing reliable?how reliable is this?

bridgessky
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (28,688 Views)

If using an iPhone or iPad Please delete App then reinstall it and logon to Skype. You will be able to see the photo (if provided), time and location (if checked) as well as number of contacts in view profile (if checked). If any of these 3 items are visible then your contact is in 'invisible' mode. If you send a message you will see a time stamp appear on the right hand side. This indicates that the person has received your message. Obviously there is no provision to indicate if he or she has read your message. I personally assume that people are curious and have read your message. I stumbled on to this accidentally and am very happy to share this information. I can also speak from experience that when you confirm this then delete that contact because a real friend will not be dishonest and hide from you in 'invisible' mode. Why do people add you as their contact if they don't want to communicate with you. What's the point. Just move on and only keep the honest people as contacts. Since I found out I have deleted all my invisible friends. My Skype life is a whole lot better. It's easier to advise someone that you are having a personal conversation by using other buttons like 'busy'. Hope this helps. Aladdin.
Posted from Apple iPad
Lionheartmahen
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (26,178 Views)

How
Posted from Apple iPhone
Mustam
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (23,201 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling