How do I know if I have been deleted?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I know if I have been deleted?

I know if you request a contact the name will show up on your contact list, without any profile info, until they approve.

When I reinstalled Skype I had a contact whose pic didn't show but I think I still saw the profile info. He said I wasn't deleted but his mac kept telling him he needed to update Skype.

Now I see nothing but his name, did he delete me? If he did would his name still show up?

hev
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 25 (44,538 Views)

Re: How do I know if I have been deleted?

even if he has deleted you from his contact list you should still be able to view any public info in his profile

to see what info this may include open your own profile page -- notice that some info is always public whereas other items can be set to be public by the user

Skype Name and Full name are always public

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 2 of 25 (44,536 Views)

I can only see his Skype name, all other info is gone. So basically I would never know if I was deleted?

hev
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 25 (44,536 Views)

he could have deleted the info associated with public items, but that wouldn't likley explain why he would leave his Full name in place for you (and others) to see

in the end it is really only your friend's business whether he has deleted you or not

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 25 (44,531 Views)

His full name doesn't show, only his Skype name. And I'm not trying to sound rude but this question has nothing to do with whether it's his business or not.

I simply want to know if I was deleted would I know, would there be some indication? Or does Skype just let you think you are still a contact with someone when you aren't. And if a person doesn't update their Skype does it affect what your contacts see.

I have some contacts where the pics are no longer there but the info is, the pics disappeared when I reinstalled.

hev
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 25 (44,533 Views)

no offense, but the point I was trying to make is that because it is no one's business but your friend's, I don't believe Skype has any intention of giving you a method of positively determining if you were deleted or not -- there are clues to be sure, but nothing definitive

it IS posssible to construct a profile that ONLY displays Skype Name on your contact list regardless of whether you are on the other person's contact list or not

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 6 of 25 (44,530 Views)

Like what Neil mentioned, there is no definite way to confirm if you have been deleted by a certain contact, as the signs that you have been deleted, blocked, and deleted and blocked are basically similar.  In addition, the nature of information that can be visible to you depends on how the user other configure their account profile information's visibility or privacy.

But there are indeed signs, and some of the signs that might imply you have been deleted are listed below.  

1.  The Contact will always appear offline in your contact list

2.  When you right-click on the name of the user, the option to Resend Contact Request will be available

3.  If you open the contact window/contact profile window, you can see the phrase This Person Has Not Shared Details With You.

4.  Their name will be hidden if you click Contacts >> Hide Contacts Who >> Haven't shared Contact Details.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 7 of 25 (44,529 Views)

"4.  Their name will be hidden if you click Contacts >> Hide Contacts Who >> Haven't shared Contact Details."

I think the poster was indicatiing that Full Name is not being displayed in the contact's profile -- if you set this option, then contacts who haven't shared details won't be included in the contact listing at all

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 8 of 25 (44,524 Views)

I think that Skype name and Full Name are both set to public and their visibility option cannot be changed.  I'm not sure if there is a way to hide users' Full Name or display name (though in this case, it is possible that the other user set their Skype Username and Full Name or display name to the the same).

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 9 of 25 (44,523 Views)

[ Edited ]

yes, both are public info, but a user's Full Name does not even have to be specified in a contact's profile, so deleting the info makes it invisible

when contact details are originally exchanged, you will see whatever the contact used for Full Name at the time (and that could be nothing at all if they want), but you are free to change the Full Name to anything else you like to see on your own contact list -- if the contact changes their Full Name in their profile later, the changes are NOT sync'd to your contact list

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 10 of 25 (44,523 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling