How do I get to skype main page?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I get to skype main page?

OK, I've setup a skype account. I have downloaded skype to my new compter. I've logged in -- that's why I am able to type here.  But after this ---HELP. I can't find anything. The handy dandy (easy peasy) menu bar that is supposed to popup doesn't. And everywhere I go they want money for more services. I don't want to pay money for more services, I just want to make video calls. Can someone help me please.

dvjones
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 18 (4,458 Views)

Re: How do I get to skype main page?

Have you tried to click on Skype shortcut on your computer's desktop? You will not find any menu bar on your account webpage.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6312
Message 2 of 18 (4,254 Views)

Worst help page in history.  I can't get on to the main menu page and after seeing all the replies, I still can't get there.  HELP!

visorboy2000
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 18 (4,220 Views)

visorboy2000 wrote:

Worst help page in history.  I can't get on to the main menu page and after seeing all the replies, I still can't get there.  HELP!

What is the version of your Skype program? In Skype click on Help -> About Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 18 (4,215 Views)

Havint the same problem and my daughter did too when she set up her account.  Has anyone helped you yet?  If so how did you get the contacts page so you could video skype?

mikerosa1937
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 18 (3,782 Views)

Install Skype program on your computer and start using it.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

See also this:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/getting-started-with-skype-windows-desktop

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 18 (3,776 Views)

SAME HERE!! I cannot find the "main" page with the bar to start Skyping family/friends; I just get the initial login page when you set-up the account with all the different price plans! Ughh, soooo frustrating! :mad:

LadyJustice
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 18 (3,281 Views)

LadyJustice wrote:

SAME HERE!! I cannot find the "main" page with the bar to start Skyping family/friends; I just get the initial login page when you set-up the account with all the different price plans! Ughh, soooo frustrating! :mad:

What is the version of Skype program installed on your computer?

In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

See also this:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/getting-started-with-skype-windows-desktop

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 18 (3,271 Views)

Worst help page and support ever encountered. Seems the system is set up to make you feel like paying for service is only option.  Absolutley BS there is such difficulty accessing the home page to make a darn video call.  I cannot get past the welcome screen or account screen. I have 64 bit Windows 8, IE 10, latest everything. My old laptop on Windows XP was a breeze.  New laptop now  cannot use skype??

ryder0442
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 18 (2,557 Views)

ryder0442 wrote:

Worst help page and support ever encountered. Seems the system is set up to make you feel like paying for service is only option.  Absolutley BS there is such difficulty accessing the home page to make a darn video call.  I cannot get past the welcome screen or account screen. I have 64 bit Windows 8, IE 10, latest everything. My old laptop on Windows XP was a breeze.  New laptop now  cannot use skype??

Install Skype desktop version and you will be able to use it in the same way as on your old Windows XP laptop.

The currently latest Skype 6.11.0.102 desktop version can be installed using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.11.0.102.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 18 (2,553 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling